Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax DC-16 information wanted — Parallax Forums

Parallax DC-16 information wanted

Carl HayesCarl Hayes Posts: 841
edited 2008-11-03 21:19 in BASIC Stamp
A friend gave me a great hulking box of Stamp stuff, which is how I happen to be here.· Among the items in the box was a DC-16 output expander.· I'm unable to find anything about it on the Parallax web site.

I infer that it's an output expander that controls (through ULN2803s) sixteen output lines.· But I haven't found anything that tells how to use it.· Has anyone a manual for this device, perhaps in PDF form?· I'd be grateful to receive such a document.· Thanks!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
· -- Carl, nn5i

Comments

• Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 829
    edited 2008-11-03 20:30
    The DC-16 is now made by EFX-TEK, info on it can be found here:

http://www.efx-tek.com/topics/dc-16.html

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike
  • Carl HayesCarl Hayes Posts: 841
    edited 2008-11-03 20:53
    Thank you, Mike. I've downloaded the spec sheet. There's a Prop-1 in the box, too (about two cubic feet of stuff in the box, actually, includng several kinds of BS2, a PLC, various Gravitech test rigs, and Heaven knows what else; I've been playing for three weeks and haven't hit bottom), and I haven't played with the Prop-1 because there seems to be no BS1 serial adapter. I know that the adapter costs only about as much as a hamburger & fries, but I'm reluctant to buy one until I know the Prop-1 works. Your knowledge of the line seems encyclopedic -- have you, by chance, a schematic of that adapter, or other information that would allow a skilled enginer to talk to the Prop-1?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -- Carl, nn5i
  • Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 829
    edited 2008-11-03 20:56
    Here ya go!

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/391/Default.aspx

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike
  • Carl HayesCarl Hayes Posts: 841
    edited 2008-11-03 21:19
    Thank you.

That's downright clever, what they've done there, using DTR and RTS as sources of the + and - voltages for RS-232.· I don't know that I would have thought of that.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -- Carl, nn5i