Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SUMO BOT bread board configuration PLEASE HELP!:) — Parallax Forums

SUMO BOT bread board configuration PLEASE HELP!:)

STPSUCKSSTPSUCKS Posts: 2
edited 2008-10-29 12:38 in BASIC Stamp
HEY EVERYONE! in class we were given the task of making our sumo bot follow a line and pick up a golf ball i am wondering if anyonehas done this before .. i dont know how to attach motors for the wheels to the breadboard.. originally the motors were attached into specific little plugs that came with the sumo bot hardware and now i have to attach them to the bread board in the right place..
if anyone could provide a diagram with instructions.. or anyhitng to help
that would be great
anthony
be_real91@hotmail.com
·

Comments

• DJSandbergDJSandberg Posts: 56
    edited 2008-10-29 03:17
    If you are using servos to drive the motors, you can use servo tape. All hobby stores have it and it's very sticky and works well for what you want to do. I haven't picked up a golf ball, but I've picked up a ping pong ball. I used the little cooling fans used for computer chips and some hardward store plastic plumbing elbows. It worked well on a ping pong ball and I would expect that it would do nearly as well with a golf ball. The suction pulled the ball into the tube.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-10-29 05:10
    I doubt suction would work for a golf ball. A better solution would probably be the grippers, or some sort of loop that goes under the ball.
  • STPSUCKSSTPSUCKS Posts: 2
    edited 2008-10-29 12:38
    well i have that part figurecd out.. i dont know how to configure the breadboard and wires..if anyone has done this before they might know how the wires should be connected to the breadboard.. and the circuitboard
    ·