Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
errors writing to eepprom:( — Parallax Forums

errors writing to eepprom:(

timatrontimatron Posts: 16
edited 2008-10-28 22:13 in Propeller 1
so im stuck. i can write to the ram fine on my propeller proto board, but for the last day i cant write to the eepprom. any way to remedy this or did i blow up the board or something? this sucks. i've tried restarting, but get nothing. is there some pin i might have in advertantly have tied to high or low that would prevent it from being written to? is there a max number of times the eepprom can be written to?

thanks in advance.

cheers,
tim

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-10-28 20:05
    Most EEPROMs locations can be written about 100,000 times. The only I/O pins involved with the EEPROM are 28 and 29. You didn't describe what happens when you try to download to EEPROM.
  • timatrontimatron Posts: 16
    edited 2008-10-28 20:08
    sorry i get eeprom programming error on com 3 popup from propeller tool, this is after it compiles and tries to write. i think it might be my pin 29 problem, i just hooked something up to it in my last revision, lemme remove the wire and see if we get anywhere.

-tim
  • timatrontimatron Posts: 16
    edited 2008-10-28 20:22
    it was the pin 29 issue.

so how can you use pin 29 and still program the eeprom?

-tim
  • tpw_mantpw_man Posts: 276
    edited 2008-10-28 22:13
    An I2C device on pins 28-29 should work fine due to the addressing of I2C. If you want to hook up another device, make sure that it does not drive the pins before it is activated.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I am 1011, so be surprised!

Advertisement sponsored by dfletch:
    Come and join us on the Propeller IRC channel for fast and easy help!
    Channel: #propeller
    Server: irc.freenode.net or freenode.net
    If you don't want to bother installing an IRC client, use Mibbit. www.mibbit.com