Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is there a way to use a 32k propeller EEPROM on a Basic Stamp to increase progr — Parallax Forums

Is there a way to use a 32k propeller EEPROM on a Basic Stamp to increase progr

MicrocontrolledMicrocontrolled Posts: 2,461
edited 2008-10-27 19:30 in BASIC Stamp
I have a Basic Stamp and·I have been creating a program that uses the basic stamp as a "computer" that controls all·my other componants and chips using the debuggin command. When I finally got done I ran the program and it came up with the message "EEPROM is full". I want to know if there is a way to use a propeller chips 32k EEPROM (or any other EEPROM, but specifically the propeller's)to free up more program space or command space. Any comments are accepted.· ·wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Thank You For Reading! Please Respond!!!

···

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-10-27 15:19
    The 24LC256 32K EEPROM that connects to the Propeller is an I2C device and can be used as data storage for BASIC Stamps. There are examples in the Nuts & Volts columns, as well as on our website. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • MicrocontrolledMicrocontrolled Posts: 2,461
    edited 2008-10-27 15:27
    Thank You for the help!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Thank You For Reading! Please Respond!!!

···
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2008-10-27 17:49
    Please read Chris's post carefully. He said, "...can be used as data storage for BASIC Stamps." [noparse][[/noparse]emphasis mine] You cannot increase program storage capacity by adding extra EEPROM, unless you're doing it to offload data tables from the Stamp's EEPROM.

-Phil
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-10-27 19:30
    Excellent point Phil…I saw the mention of commands in a computer fashion and assumed he had a large table of commands. Adding in code to store data to the EEPROM is going to use more program space. So, if you are in fact running low due to code, a better option might be to use a BASIC Stamp that give you more program slots, such as a BS2p.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering