Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Auto answer a phone line after so many rings? — Parallax Forums

Auto answer a phone line after so many rings?

MikeyMustangMikeyMustang Posts: 22
edited 2008-10-26 22:40 in BASIC Stamp
Hello:

Anyone have a good circuit and code for a BS2 to answer a pone line after it rings?

Thanks

Mike WA3O

Comments

• DJSandbergDJSandberg Posts: 56
    edited 2008-10-26 20:09
    Mike,

With a quick search on the internet, I found this circuit.·

http://www.ee.washington.edu/circuit_archive/circuits/F_ASCII_Schem_Tel.html#ASCIISCHEMTEL_002

I remember that there was an IC for ring detection several years ago but I don't recall the part number.

Daryl
  • MikeyMustangMikeyMustang Posts: 22
    edited 2008-10-26 20:33
    Dayrl,

·Thanks so much that is just what I was looking for... I did a search also and came up woth very little
    ·now to write some code·to key the relays to pass the audio and take the phone off of the hook

Thanks

Mike Wa3O
  • Carl HayesCarl Hayes Posts: 841
    edited 2008-10-26 22:40
    The circuit cited is a bit hazardous.· The ring signal is typically a 20-Hz sinusoid, 70v RMS or so.· Much better to isolate your stuff from the phone line by using a relay.· Here's a circuit I have used in the past.· It's a very fast ring detector -- I needed to detect a ring fast enough to intercept it and disconnect the line before any telephone could begin to ring.· The application is a device that intercepts phone calls and decides whether to ring the phones, and which ones to ring, based on Caller-ID information.· It's very nice in election years -- I never get political calls or sales calls.· Never.· It's been running for over a year now, and I will never stop loving it.

I'll try to include a schematic of the ring detector.

The relay is a Magnecraft W117SIP-18

Nothing special about the other stuff.

· -- Carl

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -- Carl
    1000 x 553 - 5K