Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No communication with stamp after powerdown and quick powerup (Reset Issue?) — Parallax Forums

No communication with stamp after powerdown and quick powerup (Reset Issue?)

KennyRKennyR Posts: 15
edited 2008-10-24 14:45 in BASIC Stamp
Im using VB6 to communicate with a bs2px which controls a camera and servos for a pan/tilt. Sometimes when i power down the stamp and power it back up quickly, I cant·get the·stamp to control the camera or pan/tilt. This just started to happen after I interfaced the servos with the bs2px. I've read that servos can cause a brown out with the stamp, if the servos and stamp are using the same power source. Is this true? Also im using the aerocomm 4790 radios for wireless communication. I dont think the radios are the problems because when this issue occurs and i reload the program onto the stamp·and everything works as it should.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-10-24 14:45
    It’s entirely possible that the BASIC Stamp isn’t being reset at all. Try this…after power off/on, try pressing the reset button on your board and try again. If this works it could mean that your BASIC Stamp is never losing enough power to actually reset. Depending on which board you’re using this might be easy to explain.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering