Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Beginner - Wireless Remote Help — Parallax Forums

Beginner - Wireless Remote Help

truelaosthatruelaostha Posts: 2
edited 2008-10-23 17:35 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I'm new to using stamps but I have a background in programming. My goal is to have a remote control with buttons and when the buttons is pressed it sends·a signal to a board where lights will go on and off. So if i press two buttons, two lights bulbs will go on. I done some research, I found the code to control led using buttons that are on the same unit.

So my main question is what is the code to send the signal from the remote and whats the code to recieve the signal from the remote, I'm just unsure of the syntax.

I'm using stamp2 but unsure if its going to be infared or bluetooth. I'm not the one actually building the unit, I'm just programming it so I don't know much about hardware specifications,·so bare with me.

Please point me in the right direction.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-10-23 14:26
    Before syntax comes into play you need to define how the transmitter and receiver communicate. For example, you might have a switch-mode transmitter where making an input pin high makes the corresponding output on the receiver high. Or, you may have a serial transmitter/receiver system, in which case you would need a microcontroller at both ends. In both cases the operations would be completely different. So which system are you using? Or is the remote not an RF system?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • truelaosthatruelaostha Posts: 2
    edited 2008-10-23 17:35
    I will be having two microcontroller on both ends.