Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question about the data logger — Parallax Forums

Question about the data logger

MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
edited 2008-10-23 13:02 in BASIC Stamp
What's up when it goes out and finds the data logger hooked up to your basic stamp and· gets to the "synchronizing . . ." part and never stops doing this?

Or, am I just impatient? Do you think it should take so long and it will come back eventually if I leave it over night?

Thank You guys for your help.

·

Comments

• sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2008-10-21 00:31
    No, if it's taking that long, something is wrong.

Mine did that with the first drive I tried with it: using a different drive it ran properly right away.

You might want to search this forum for threads on the datalogger. There's a lot of good information here on what is a pretty complicated little device.
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-10-21 01:14
    OK, thanks. I have tried two different Drives so far. One 2 gig and one 4 gig, scandisk and noname.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-10-21 04:59
    I've found the Datalogger difficult to use, probably due to my lack of knowledge. Still, I have managed to pick up a few things. First, always run the DataloggerTest file if you are having problems: this file is written correctly, so it tests your hardware for problems. If this file works, then your hardware is good. For your program, just cut and paste the Datalogger Prepare stuff into your program, the subroutines, and as much of the rest of the code as you can get.
    edited 2008-10-21 13:34
    Thanks,

Yes, that is what I am running, the Demo Program and the TEST program. It just sits there after saying "synchronizing . . . . . . "
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-10-21 21:06
    You can always try to update the firmware from the Vinculum website. We have found that some USB drives simply do not communicate properly with the Vinculum, although it is impossible to really keep track of since companies also update firmware on their drives.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
    edited 2008-10-22 00:20
    I will try. I don't know the version or the exact thing to download.
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2008-10-22 00:48
    Has your thumb-drive been properly formatted?
    edited 2008-10-23 13:02
    yep, the drive is formatted fat32. I also have one fat 16.

Thanks.