Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Troubles with IR remote on Basic Stamp — Parallax Forums

Troubles with IR remote on Basic Stamp

kurck2201kurck2201 Posts: 1
edited 2008-10-17 19:17 in BASIC Stamp
Hey-

I had been using the BOE Bot kit supplied IR receiver to control a robot. I then redesigned my robot and the BOE with the BS2 was picked up a lot and when I went back to using it on the robot when ever the BS2 received a command from the remote that actually had the stamp do something beside just a DEBUG command its as if it would restart the stamp. I have used a 9V wall power adapter to power the BOE and it still has the same problem. I have also interchanged the BS2 on the BOE with the same program and it does the same thing. I would assume that the program it bad but I have down loaded the very same program as that on the original application and I have use the same program before for the same IR remote control on just the BOE Bot itself. Other hardware involved are a USB ver. PSC and two HB-25 motor controllers at 12V and connected to the PSC. The program takes advantage of not needing be continuously updated. I have also try a stripped down version of the program and like I said before any command beside a DEBUG to the computer causes a restart like condition.

Is this most likely a program bug or is it possible a hardware bug and what would be a good suggestion for further trouble shooting or a possible solution?

Thank you for your time,

-Kurck2201

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2008-10-17 19:14
    Kurck -

A copy of the program attached to a mesaage would be most helpful in trying to diagnose your problem.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When all else fails, try inserting a new battery.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-10-17 19:17
    First suggestion is to post as an attachment the simplest program that illustrates your problem and include in the message a clear, detailed description of the circumstances required to reproduce the problem. You will also need a schematic or clear detailed description of your hardware setup (as used to reproduce the problem). Most likely it's some kind of power problem because resets as you describe are most commonly caused by the supply voltage dropping below roughly 4.2V which causes the Stamp to reset.