Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I need help on why am i unable to download my program into the basic stamp? — Parallax Forums

I need help on why am i unable to download my program into the basic stamp?

gnakgnak Posts: 3
edited 2008-10-17 13:36 in BASIC Stamp
i not able to download the program into my prop 2 controller can any 1 tell me why?is it the setting or i haven burn it?
1152 x 864 - 297K
123.JPG 297.2K

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-10-17 05:32
    The two most common reasons for this to occur are:

1) Some problem with the power source. Typically the Stamp is being run off a battery and the battery is exhausted.

2) Some problem with the serial connection. If you're using a USB to serial adapter, it may be one that doesn't support the handshake lines properly or you've got the wrong or no USB driver loaded. Sometimes on a serial connection the cable is defective. USB to serial adapters using the FTDI chip are known to work and the Keyspan High Speed Serial Adapter is known to work when the proper USB drivers are installed.
  • gnakgnak Posts: 3
    edited 2008-10-17 05:44
    im using a dc power supply,i have be loadling in program for the pass two day it can work.but now its not working.By the way i a Noob in all this programing staff,my teacher is nt helping me he say its the setting problem and ask me to find out and i only learn this basic stamp for a week.

Is there any setting in the Basic stamp that might cause the program unable to sent to the prop-2 controller?
  • gnakgnak Posts: 3
    edited 2008-10-17 05:57
    if there is no loopback what does it mean?
    1152 x 864 - 109K
    321.JPG 109.1K
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-10-17 13:36
    Loopback means that the DSR and RTS lines are detected as connected together as they should be on the Prop-2 or other Stamp board.

Echo means that bytes sent from the PC to the Prop-2 are echoed back to the PC which they would be by the circuitry on the Prop-2 board.

If you read the Prop-2 documentation (available on EFX-TEK's website), at the end there's an Errata that explains the lack of Loopback.
    There's a setting for the default com port that makes the Stamp Editor ignore the lack of Loopback. I think you can't use AUTO, but have
    to manually select the com port you want to use.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 10/17/2008 1:43:10 PM GMT