Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Audio Trip Sound Board 1.0 powered by Propeller Chip — Parallax Forums

Audio Trip Sound Board 1.0 powered by Propeller Chip

drazmodrazmo Posts: 21
edited 2008-10-17 16:07 in Propeller 1
Just wanted to let everyone know we have started selling our Audio Trip Sound Board 1.0. It is powered by the propeller chip and will be open source. The Audio Trip 1.0 sound board was created to give users the ability to provide high quality yet affordable audio to various projects. This board can be used for Halloween animated props, museum displays and any other situation where audio is needed to loop or be triggered. You can place specifically named audio files on the SD card and the unit will behave accordingly. For example, if you place a file called loop.wav on the SD card it will play this file continuously in the background. Our goal was to make it easy enough for someone without programming experience to use the unit and allow advanced users to modify the code to fit their needs. More information can be found at our website. www.audiotrip.net. You can download our Configuration and Simulator software to test the product. We would like to thank everyone in the forums that have made this project possible. Any feedback or questions would be greatly appreciated!

Features:

* Up to 2 Gig SD Card Support
* Digital audio out via optical TosLink and Coaxial
* Easy configuration. Just place audio files on SD card and apply power
* Video out support for testing and debugging.
* Screw Terminals for power and Inputs allowing easy integration into existing project with out the need for special connectors.
* Mostly thru-hole components allowing repairs and easy building if you are a do it yourself person.

Post Edited (drazmo) : 10/13/2008 11:51:32 PM GMT

Comments

• DavidMDavidM Posts: 630
    edited 2008-10-14 03:48
    HI Drazmo,

looks interesting,

You mentioned open source, can you provide a link with schematics and spin code?

How many cogs does the WAV file player use?

Thanks

Dave M
  • drazmodrazmo Posts: 21
    edited 2008-10-14 15:26
    DavidM said...
    HI Drazmo,

looks interesting,

You mentioned open source, can you provide a link with schematics and spin code?

Thanks

Dave M

I will be providing the spin code in a few days. I have to clean it up and make sure I give credit to all the contributors. The schematics will shortly follow. The wav file uses 2 COGS. It is based on Rayman's ASM wav player. One cog to read the wav and another to play.
  • hippyhippy Posts: 1,981
    edited 2008-10-14 16:00
    Is there anyway to download the configuration software without downloading and installing Adobe AIR ? "Install Now" doesn't do anything for me ( Firefox 2.0.0.17, Win 98SE ).

Your license also says that configuration software is "for your personal, non-commercial home use only" - Is this configuration software needed to use or deploy the Audio Trip ?
    edited 2008-10-14 19:50
    hippy said...
    Is there anyway to download the configuration software without downloading and installing Adobe AIR ? "Install Now" doesn't do anything for me ( Firefox 2.0.0.17, Win 98SE ).
    No. You need to download the adobe AIR runtime. If you have the latest Flash Player 9 it should download it automatically for you when you click "Install Now". If it still doesn't work you install it manually.
    1. Install the adobe air runtime from get.adobe.com/air/
    2. Download the audio trip air file from www.audiotrip.net/downloads/audiotrip.air
    3. Run the adobe.air file and it will start the installer.

If you decide to remove the software simply go to your Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and select remove. You can also remove Adobe Air 1.1 Runtime this way.

hippy said...
    Your license also says that configuration software is "for your personal, non-commercial home use only" - Is this configuration software needed to use or deploy the Audio Trip ?

Thank you for pointing that out. The configuration software is free for personal and commercial use at this time. We are going to maintain copyright and redistribution rights at this moment. I will clear this up in our user manual. The software is not needed to deploy the unit. It just verifies that you have the correct audio format and names the files correctly for you.

Post Edited (drazmo) : 10/14/2008 8:08:14 PM GMT
    edited 2008-10-17 16:07
    DavidM said...
    HI Drazmo,

looks interesting,

Thanks

Dave M

Here is the Audio Trip Sound Board 1.0 Schematics and source Code. Remember this is my first project. Thank you for your support.