Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp Not Found but with details... — Parallax Forums

Stamp Not Found but with details...

CabreraCabrera Posts: 2
edited 2008-10-12 05:05 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I purchased the Serial Discovery Kit bundled with the USB-Serial item.· The whole thing sat in a box for atleast a year.· Well, I finally fired it up and the stamp was not found (Loopback and Echo were yes).· I went through the posts here and did not find an answer.· I got a homework board at radio shack.· Plug it in (usb-serial and board) and the stamp was found.· Here are the vitals of the BOE:
Board of Education Rev C
USBto232 Rev B
BS2 Rev G
Latest Drivers 2.4.6.0 on USB Serial Port and Serial Converted properties
Fresh 9 volt Battery
BS2 Well Seated

Did a little voltage messurement on the Sout pin after "Identify Command" and the voltage fluctuated.· Not fluent with a scope so I can't tell you what it sent.

So, unless the rubber feet are causing a short, I am at a loss.

What is next?

Comments

• Lab RatLab Rat Posts: 289
    edited 2008-10-12 02:37
    call parallax they give technical support they will try to help fix the problem

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I`m not prejudice I hate everyone equally
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-10-12 03:29
    Loopback and Echo yes imply that the serial connection seems to be ok. If the Stamp is not found, it's not working (the Stamp needs to be functioning to be identified). Make sure it's plugged into its socket properly and there's proper power supply voltage. The input voltage to the BOE needs to be at least 6V. Check the Vin pin of the Stamp itself for this. Make sure the power switch is on (in either position ... 1 or 2). Do call Parallax support if you've checked further and it still doesn't work. The fact that the HomeWork board works implies that the USB drivers are ok and the Stamp Editor works since the two boards should look the same to your PC.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2008-10-12 03:31
    Are you using the latest PBASIC editor/compiler downloadable from Parallax? If your BASIC Stamp is a later version than the editor is programmed for, it will not be recognized.

-Phil
  • Lab RatLab Rat Posts: 289
    edited 2008-10-12 03:37
    if all else fails try inserting new batteries

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I`m not prejudice I hate everyone equally
  • CabreraCabrera Posts: 2
    edited 2008-10-12 05:05
    Thank You all. It looks like its Parallax by phone for me.