Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RCTIME object — Parallax Forums

RCTIME object

bobbyloxbobbylox Posts: 5
edited 2008-10-21 20:22 in Propeller 1
Beau Schwabe wrote an RCTIME object, and I was wondering if someone could explain the the third argument of the start method.

Sorry, I'm on my mac, so I don't have the code with me, but the method signature is start[noparse][[/noparse]Pin, State, RCValueAddress].

What is the RCValueAddress? Does the object return the time measurement to an address in memory?

Thanks in advance!

-Rob Lockhart

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,562
    edited 2008-10-09 17:25
    bobbylox,

Yes, 'RCValueAddress' is the address value where you want the RCTIME result written back to.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • bobbyloxbobbylox Posts: 5
    edited 2008-10-10 04:39
    Should it look like start[noparse]/noparse]15,0,$3000[noparse][[/noparse]offset?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-10-10 04:41
    Better to use @variable rather than $3000[noparse][[/noparse]offset] where variable is some name declared as a long.
    The syntax uses parentheses rather than square brackets, so you'd have object.start(15, 0, @variable)
  • KeezinatorKeezinator Posts: 21
    edited 2008-10-10 12:05
    I am about to finish an RCTIME Plus object that will actually give you the resistance if you give it the capacitance (or visa versa).

In my object you can simply call a function and use the return value (in addition to a background mode).

I droppped my laptop and am waitig for the new one to arrive, so I can do a final test of the code. I will post here and on OBEX ...

Although I think I tested thorougly, I would love you to test this object.
  • bobbyloxbobbylox Posts: 5
    edited 2008-10-11 03:01
    Sure! Let me know when you get your new laptop.

-Rob
  • KeezinatorKeezinator Posts: 21
    edited 2008-10-21 20:22
    I posted the object in http://obex.parallax.com/objects/382/

Let me know what you think.