Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 can't be identified by basic stamp editor 2.4 — Parallax Forums

BS2 can't be identified by basic stamp editor 2.4

Jesse HastyJesse Hasty Posts: 29
edited 2008-10-09 20:39 in BASIC Stamp
I'm·trying to use·a Gateway laptop to program a BS2 on a USB board of education rev D.· I've installed the latest driver.· When I try to identify I get loop back and echo, but no device type.· Can someone help me with this problem?.· I·looked at·the sin and sout pins on the BS2 with my scope and I'm getting activity.· Any idea what is wrong?·

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2008-10-05 22:11
    do you have the power switch on and any power jumper set to power the chip from the usb? I don't have the usb version so this is just a guess.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Jesse HastyJesse Hasty Posts: 29
    edited 2008-10-06 00:53
    Thanks Stephen.

I definitely have power. For some reason the BS2 won't or can't give the information to the driver on my computer. Is there some way thet the interpreter could be hung up in a mode that won't communicate?
  • NR1XNR1X Posts: 111
    edited 2008-10-06 01:12
    fresh battery? how are you powering the boe?
  • MJG2514MJG2514 Posts: 9
    edited 2008-10-06 08:33
    Hi Jesse,
    I have had the same problem with my Basic Stamp Professional Development Board. I have posted a thread in the same forum if you wish to check it out.

Mark
    edited 2008-10-06 11:36
    Thanks Mark,

We posted about 5 minutes apart. Quite a coincidence.

The problem has nothing to do with power on the BS2. It is properly powered. Also the port is not blocked. Nothing else is using the port. I can turn it on and off from the control panel and see the results of turning it on and off in the 2.4 editor. Form some reason the information is not being passed from the BS2 to the laptop.

Thanks to anyone who has helped!

Jesse
    edited 2008-10-09 20:39
    The problem turned out to be a bad BS2 board. This is rare, but it happens.