Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Forum post just topped the Stamp forum — Parallax Forums

Propeller Forum post just topped the Stamp forum

parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
edited 2008-10-12 15:15 in Propeller 1
Anyone else notice that the # of posts in this forum just surpassed the Basic Stamp forum ?

Comments

• RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2008-10-05 02:57
    in half the time?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    E3 = Thought

http://folding.stanford.edu/·- Donating some CPU/GPU downtime just might lead to a cure for cancer! My team stats.
  • JavalinJavalin Posts: 892
    edited 2008-10-06 13:49
    Not bad for the new-chip-on-the-block.... Well done Parallax!

James
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-10-12 05:04
    Lets be fair and include all the Basic Stamp stuff:

Propeller Forum: 73,955

Basic Stamp Forum: 73625
    Stamps in Class Forum: 4982
    Basic Stamp Forum Archive: 46085

= 124,692

Well, it's passed the halfway point at least... But still another 50K to go. Still, in four years the Propeller should have passed what the Basic Stamp has (or will do) in 20 years.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2008-10-12 05:12
    Oh yes, we've noticed this internally as well. Our forum moderators have kept watch on the numbers. The BASIC Stamp forum is such a different place - I couldn't imagine the response to threads such as "COGS or RAM" or "Unofficial Propeller NE Expo" generating the same enthusiasm. . . unless we started a thread like "what do you want in a BS3-IC?". It's an entirely different customer profile in the BASIC Stamp forum in some ways.

We'll really be jumping up and down when the ratio of revenue per product line is commensurate to the amount of traffic in each forum. We'll be working on that aspect for many years to come.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2008-10-12 05:22
    Personally, I don't think of the archieve forum as counting since it is just archieved, and none of the members are actual members on the parallax forums (well, maybe, but under different names). If you take it out and include the hydra forum, there would only be about a thousand left for the prop forum to beat the basic stamp forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Pi Guy
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-10-12 15:15
    You're right! I forgot the Hydra forum. So, you'll want to add another ~4000 to the Propller count.But still, the archive should still count since the threads posed there are just as valid as the threads in the regular fourms. Are the people who posted at the end of that forum's life really any different that those who've posted at the begining of the new forums? Just a thought.