Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2p24 and BotBoard2 - a few questions — Parallax Forums

BS2p24 and BotBoard2 - a few questions

plingbootplingboot Posts: 7
edited 2008-10-05 08:29 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all, new here and new to Stamp programming, so please excuse the beginner questions.

Firstly the set-up is BS2p24 and Lynxmotion Botboard 2, linked to a MMS p.Brain-SMB and HexEngine - plus an SRF08 sensor.

First question: could anyone point me at code for generating simple sounds via the biult-in speaker on the botboard2?
Initially i'd like to generate a sound when the programme i'm running reaches certain points, then i'd like to add sound feedback to the programme i'm running with an SRF08 sensor - so it's a bit like a parking sensor.

Second question:
Can anyone help with code to assign programmes to the three SUI buttons on the botboard2 - and give me any guidance on how to use them?

many thanks in advance,

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-10-05 01:46
    For "simple sounds" look in the Parallax Stamp Basic Manual at the FREQOUT statement.

For buttons, look in the Manual at the BUTTON statement.

You might download the "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial for other examples of these two functions.
    Go to the main Parallax website and click on the Resources tab, then select Downloads, then Stamps in Class Downloads.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,389
    edited 2008-10-05 02:49
    Here's a great program that we produced for our discontinued Audio Amplifier AppMod. Give it a try.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • plingbootplingboot Posts: 7
    edited 2008-10-05 08:29
    hey fellas,

Thanks for the quick replies.

Ken, i've just tried the sound effects programme - works perfectly and is just the kind of thing i was looking for and gives me something to work from - many thanks

Post Edited (plingboot) : 10/5/2008 9:38:48 AM GMT