Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question about BoebotBasic — Parallax Forums

Question about BoebotBasic

MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
edited 2008-09-29 01:07 in Propeller 1
tongue.gif·have gotten my robot finished. I have done all the things I want individually, but not at one time.

The following is a· list of the versions that I have used:

Mel.BIN···················· :· my own version did not work
ModifiedBoebotBasic··· : my modified basic - did not work
Leslie.BIN··················: again, my modified -did not work
BoebotBasicXP.BIN····· : did not work
BOEBOTBasicPP.BIN···· : worked great 9600 baud
BoebotBasic.BIN········· : did not work
BoebotBasicUS.BIN····· : worked great· 9600 baud
Fem2basicProterminal·· : worked great at 115,200 baud
DongleBasic··············· : worked ok

Now, by not working, I mean that I could not connect up to them with the PST terminal program in order to list or run my programs.

Notice that all of these are BIN files.· What I really need is BoebotBasicUS.SPIN , and BoebotBasicPP.SPIN so I can change the code and make my OWN binary file that is different.· I have written small subroutines and BS2 Functions and they work great. But, I need to be able to change the BIN file. The only way to do this is to have the .SPIN source code. I hope that someone will share this with me, because I will have to rewrite all of this. I would also like to lilst my code, but I am not finished with it yet. Most of my problems are to do with the IR only having one channel and the robot is running into things. I have made a binary file from BOEBOTBASIC.SPIN, but it does not work with my system as noted above.

If anyone wants to jump in and make suggestions, I am willing to try them.· I would also like to see a BasicStamp to Propeller Basic code compiler.· So, we could enter in the BS2 basic commands. Those are so much easier to follow and understand.· But, I guess that has been suggested before and only a few guys need this.·

Thanks for all of your help, guys.· However it turns out, you have been a lot of help and I can live with whatever comes back to me.· I am very happy with my little boebot. I just want to give him more, if possible.

tongue.gif

·

Comments

• RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2008-09-28 23:08
    There is a BS2.spin object which i believe has the library of BS2 functions for the Propeller. You would reference it in your spin program... bs2 : "bs2.spin" .... And then acces the different functions like ... bs2.function(parameter), and likewise if that parameter can return data you refrence it like this ... prop_variable := bs2.function(parameter)

Hope this helps

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    E3 = Thought

http://folding.stanford.edu/·- Donating some CPU/GPU downtime just might lead to a cure for cancer! My team stats.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-09-28 23:23
    BoeBotBasic.spin is the source file for the pre-compiled versions BoeBotBasicXB.bin and BoeBotBasicPP.bin. The "XB" version is compiled for use with an xBee transceiver as the "console" while the "PP" version is compiled for use with the programming port as the "console". That's all. The only difference is the serial port's start routine's parameters when it's called at the beginning of the program. I change the parameters and compile to get each binary version. The other binary files sound like they're the result of compiling your own modified versions.

DongleBasic.spin is a stripped down version of BoeBotBasic with the BoeBot specific routines and Basic statements removed. There's also only one pre-compiled version that uses the programming port at the "console".

Feel free to modify BoeBotBasic.spin and DongleBasic.spin as you wish. You can also modify the objects they use which are all included, but make sure you understand what they do and how they work with the other objects before modifying them or you may create more work and frustration than you may want.
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-09-28 23:53
    Thanks, Mike. And Rinks, I have used the BS2functions before. But, there are some missing, I think. I may be wrong. It would be nice to just enter the BS2 codes directly, let it compile and run. But, this is more of a "learning experience".

You guys have a nice night!

:-
    edited 2008-09-29 00:42
    Mike, could you give me the line numbers of the serial port start routine? I have tried several attempts, but, I just can't get it yet. Maybe if I had my nose pointed exactly to the line number, I would understand. What I have to do is get my full modified version to have the serial port as the console. I am unclear of how to do this. But, with guidance, maybe a miracle will happen.

Thanks for your patience.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-09-29 00:55
    You know most editors have a search function. First search for "OBJ" so you can see what the names of the objects used are. In this case, the serial driver is "ser". Why not search for "ser.start(". It's not hard to do. The first method executed is always the first one in the main object. Why not scroll down until you find the first method and see if what you want is there or at least comments that give you some information?
    edited 2008-09-29 01:07
    THANKS AGAIN!!

Mike, you are Right as Rain!

I apreciate all that you do for me.

jumpin.gif·