Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
tamiya gear motors — Parallax Forums

tamiya gear motors

enkeienkei Posts: 23
edited 2008-09-24 15:43 in BASIC Stamp
i have 2 tamiya gear boxes and i turn 1 tire and the 2 turn when i wire it and if i want to turn right it is going to turn only 1 side of the car right? i mean the 2 motor of the right side?

Post Edited (enkei) : 9/24/2008 5:43:42 PM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-09-24 14:02
    Forum rules ask that you provide a subject on new threads. Please edit your message and add a meaningful subject.

It sounds like you are describing a robot with two wheel motors, one on the left side and one on the right side. You
    are wondering about steering the robot and how to control the motors to make the robot turn. I assume that you
    have DC motors attached to the gear boxes and you can control the speed and direction of the motors.

There are two kinds of steering motions:
    1) When the robot is stopped, you can move one wheel in the forward direction and the other backwards.
    This causes the robot to pivot in place. It turns and faces a different direction without moving significantly
    forwards or backwards.
    2) When the robot is moving in a straight line, both motors are running at the same speed in one direction.
    To turn while moving, one motor's speed is increased slightly and the other motor is slowed slightly.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-09-24 15:43
    Hello,

Please edit your message by clicking the pencil icon to the top-right of the message and add a descriptive subject line. You duplicate thread was removed. Please post follow up posts on the same subject in the original thread.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering