Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LCDCMD and AUXIO under BS2p40 — Parallax Forums

LCDCMD and AUXIO under BS2p40

JFReyesJFReyes Posts: 10
edited 2008-09-24 18:19 in BASIC Stamp
Hi:

I'm trying to get the LCDAppMod demo to work on a test setup where the LCD is connected to pins 30 - 36 of the BS2p40. I've made the appropriate changes to the program but still cannot get the LCD to respond. Do the LCD commands (LCDCMD, LCDIN, LCDOUT) work for those pins (after issuing AUXIO)? Thanks for the help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Jos

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-09-23 16:31
    They are supposed to work. The AUXIO statement is a "bank switching" statement. Rather than make extensive changes to the PBasic interpreter to support 32 I/O pins, the PBasic interpreter and the Stamp Editor still work in terms of 16 I/O pins. All the I/O statements and I/O variables are still in terms of 16 I/O pins, but the AUXIO statement exchanges one set of 16 for another internally in the PBasic interpreter.
  • JFReyesJFReyes Posts: 10
    edited 2008-09-23 16:55
    Mike:

Thank you for your prompt reply. I understand the theory and agree that they should work, but perhaps these commands (being so specialized) were implemented outside the bank switching scheme and don't support AUXIO. Next I will rewrite the program using bit/pin commands to see if that's the case or else I'm making a dumb mistake elsewhere. I'll post my results later.

Regards,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jos
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2008-09-23 17:05
    The only change that needs to be made to the program is the AUXIO. The logical pin will still be 9:
    LCDCMD 9, Command ' when chip enable is on AUXIO x9, pin 30 on the BS2p-IC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • JFReyesJFReyes Posts: 10
    edited 2008-09-24 18:19
    I confirmed that LCDCMD works with AUXIO; I had something miswired [noparse]:([/noparse]

Thank you all for your help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jos