Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is it possible to IRZONE Left and IRZONE Right? — Parallax Forums

Is it possible to IRZONE Left and IRZONE Right?

MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
edited 2008-09-21 22:55 in Propeller 1
I intend to post my code as soon as I am through with it. but, I still have to work out a few bugs.

If anyone knows if there is a way to squeeze IRZONE in such a way to show the inputs of more than one pin, I would love to hear about it. The documentation doesn't say anything about this that I know of.

Thanks in Advance.

tongue.gif·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-09-21 22:43
    This is the IRZONE statement in BoeBotBasic you're referring to.

It's written to handle a single IR detector. You'd have to modify the existing routines in BoeBotBasic to get it to work with more than one IR detector. There's about 20 lines of code involved starting around line 500 in BoeBotBasic.spin.

The documentation doesn't say anything about it because the documentation is about using BoeBotBasic as it's written, not about how to make modifications to it. That would be a very large effort that I'm not willing to undertake. Several other people have created modified versions of FemtoBasic in addition to the ones I've done. It would take a familiarity and ease of use of Spin, some study of the existing code and a willingness to experiment for a while with the existing code before trying to add anything.
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-09-21 22:55
    Thanks, Mike for the info.

tongue.gif