TV_Text -> PPDB - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

TV_Text -> PPDB

2»

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2009-06-25 01:33
    @DonEduardo

Yup.. been there, done that..

10 hours of working on computers all day, then down to the shop to spend some "quality" time on the prop. It's easy to make mistakes when the prop gets the last of the day. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Ditto.. Welcome to the group! [noparse]:)[/noparse]

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Visit the: The Propeller Pages @ Warranty Void.
  • DonEduardoDonEduardo Posts: 54
    edited 2009-06-25 03:18
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Tell you what my current project is:

I have an old TV in the bedroom with a single input. I plan to build an electronic video switch so my wife can easily switch between the Cable TV, the DVD Player, and the Satellite receiver that she uses to watch foreign language TV stations. I want the Prop to control the switching, maybe automatically detect when one of the devices is turned on, maybe display a menu for her to choose from, and switch to that device.

I believe I can get all that to work with a few video switch IC's, a comparator IC for detecting when a signal is present, and the prop to control everything and display a menu.

My last project was a talking timer/MP3 Player for my father who is blind. I used the Prop and the Vmusic2 as the heart. Was a lot of work and a lot of fun.
  • thangngocthangngoc Posts: 23
    edited 2010-01-08 17:12
    Hi! I am a beginner of Propeller. I have the Propeler Professional Development Board and try to test the VGA Text Demo according to the wiring set up as OldbitCollector said

V = P16
    H = P17
    B1 {240ohm} = P19
    B0 {470ohm} = P18
    G1 {240ohm} = P21
    G0 {470ohm} = P20
    R1 {240ohm} = P23
    R0 {470ohm} = P22

It worked perfectly. then how come the other two files VGA.spin and VGA_Text.spin didn't work? Nothing showed up on my monitor? Can anyone help me where to start?
  • TonyWaiteTonyWaite Posts: 219
    edited 2010-01-08 17:56
    In the same order, mine is:
    P16,17,19,18,21,20,23,22
    T o n y
  • thangngocthangngoc Posts: 23
    edited 2010-01-08 18:08
    What are the two files VGA.spin and VGA_Text.spin supposed to do when I load them into the Propeller chip?
  • TonyWaiteTonyWaite Posts: 219
    edited 2010-01-08 18:18
    VGA_Demo.spin will be more useful and should fill your VGA screen with a stunning
    example of what can be done!

T o n y

The two files you mention are basically drivers for text or graphics: delve in and enjoy.