Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LCD Slot Game for BS2 — Parallax Forums

LCD Slot Game for BS2

MikerocontrollerMikerocontroller Posts: 310
edited 2012-03-28 01:07 in Robotics
·· This program is a simple slot machine game for the BS2.· It displays to a 2X16 serial LCD but I think it
will also work with a 4x20 serial display.· Game sounds are provided by a piezo speaker.· It uses two
momentary pushbuttons (one for betting and the other to "spin" the reels).· You can win up to 65,553
dollars and bet up to $99 at one time (if you have the money).··Payoff credits range from 2 (one cherry)
to 100 (3 diamonds).· Credits are then multiplied by the bet amount, so the largest single payoff possible
is 9,900 dollars.· There is no provision for storing winnings above $65,553 so you will lose all your money
if you get greedy.· There are no "lemons" or blank spots on the slot reels and the odds of winning are
ridiculously high.· If you do some adjustments to the three LOOKUP tables you can change that.· Don't
expect a real slot machine to be this nice!

· Sorry for the lack of schematics.· If you need diagrams for the active-high pushbutton circuits you can
find them in the Parallax "What's a Microcontroller" book (on the front cover) and on page 76.· You can
also find an illustration on page 139 of the "Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual".· The piezo speaker
positive terminal is directly connected to PIN 10 of the Stamp.· The other terminal goes to Vss.· The LCD
Rx line is connected to PIN 13 of the Stamp.· The LCD 5V line connects to Vdd and the GND goes to Vss.
The LCD mode setting is 19,200.

········· Thank-You

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-09-19 14:58
    Pictures would be nice... Sounds like a class project.
  • MikerocontrollerMikerocontroller Posts: 310
    edited 2008-09-19 20:06
    ·· Sorry guys.· Here is the hook-up diagram.· I'll post pics when I find a camera.

······························· Thank-you
    800 x 600 - 42K
    edited 2008-09-20 03:36
    · Here are the pictures of the Basic Stamp II LCD Slot Game.

···················· Thank-you
    1080 x 1920 - 300K
    1920 x 1080 - 1004K
    edited 2008-09-20 04:30
    · This is a Youtube video of the LCD Slot Game.· Sorry about the jet noise.· Also in the future I will post

everything at once, sorry Chris.

···················· Thank-you

······· http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eLInu7toTc
  • azmax100azmax100 Posts: 173
    edited 2008-09-20 16:16
    Nice project that utilized the LCD.

What is the chances to win 50:50 or less than that?
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2008-09-20 22:15
    That's a very nicely-done app! Both the visual and sound effects are superb!

-Phil

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    'Still some PropSTICK Kit bare PCBs left!
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-09-23 13:33
    Very cool looking project. Not if you had a remote way to change the odds so that when you want to the player would win or lose.

Nice work.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.

www.brilldea.com·- Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, uOLED-IOC, eProto fo SunSPOT, BitScope
    www.sxmicro.com - a blog·exploring the SX micro
    www.tdswieter.com
  • dk3417dk3417 Posts: 5
    edited 2012-03-27 19:08
    Does the lcd slot game for BS2 work with a parallel lcd display? I have a parallel lcd display and I dont know how to hook it up to the BS2 and write the program for it. I need diagrams to hook it up and the program to run it. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you very much for your help.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2012-03-28 01:07
    dk3417 wrote: »
    Does the lcd slot game for BS2 work with a parallel lcd display? I have a parallel lcd display and I dont know how to hook it up to the BS2 and write the program for it. I need diagrams to hook it up and the program to run it. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you very much for your help.

The short answer: yes, you could use a parallel display (pin count not withstanding...). The long answer: please start a new thread on this topic.