Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Found missing XTAL crystal — Parallax Forums

Found missing XTAL crystal

HydraHackerHydraHacker Posts: 77
edited 2008-09-21 16:02 in Propeller 1
Everybody that responded to my post, I found my crystal while I was disconnecting the cables to the Hydra to pack it back up.
apparently the crystal was stuck to something on the underside of the Hydra board and came loose and fell off.
So I tried some of the demo's and everything is working just fine. My hydra is connected to my 36" TV and the graphics look terriffic.
I am so glad that I bought it, so I can make versions of the games that I wrote for my commodore VIC-20 back in the day!.

HydraHacker

Comments

• BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2008-09-16 13:00
    Congrats HydraHacker on finding your Crystal [noparse]:)[/noparse] and welcome to the forums and the fun of the Hydra [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    We look forward to your remakes [noparse];)[/noparse]

Baggers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://www.propgfx.co.uk/forum/·home of the PropGFX Lite

·
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 184
    edited 2008-09-16 15:42
    hey

glad you found it.. Mind had feel out as well and i had to wonder what was wrong until i read in the book that this could happen and i went searching and found it. so enjoy your hydra. also you might wish to check micro4you.com they have a propeller board with a lot of nice features except good documentation but i am working with them on that. just thought i would mention it. it is a little different than the hydra but it can be expanded as well

badger
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2008-09-21 16:02
    Happy to hear you have it. Don't get confused about clock rates. This is important because Parallax Propeller boards use a different frequency crystal with their software examples, slower. Also, the I/O configuration of the Hydra is a bit different than than Parallax boards to make sure I/O is good at the additional speed.

In other words, it is best to get started with just the Hydra text and Hydra examples. Later, as you become more savy, you can tweak Parallax examples to run easily on the Hydra. There really is no reason to need a different crystal for the other software. The Hydra is the fastest Propeller board available.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    It's sunny and warm here. It is always sunny and warm here.... (unless a typhoon blows through).

Tropically, G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse] 黃鶴 ] in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 9/21/2008 4:07:48 PM GMT