Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
network connectivity — Parallax Forums

network connectivity

bufflerbuffler Posts: 22
edited 2008-09-16 06:46 in Propeller 1
Parallax seems to be out of PINK modules. Has anyone tried an Avcom SimpleLan with the propeller? Cost effective too at about $30.00! Avcom site shows plug-in to a Stamp.
Don

Comments

• Computer Geek 101Computer Geek 101 Posts: 179
    edited 2008-09-16 01:20
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-09-16 01:26
    There's an ethernet box using the Propeller called the YBox2. It includes a TV output, IR detector for remote control, and an ethernet interface. The code is all open source and you can download programs to the EEPROM using cURL. Do a web search for "YBox2".
  • Computer Geek 101Computer Geek 101 Posts: 179
    edited 2008-09-16 01:39
    the YBox uses the Lantronix module i think
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2008-09-16 01:44
    Also I might mention the PropNIC. Most code for Propeller <---> ethernet seems to be written for the ENC28J60, which is what the PropNIC is based upon. The YBox2 is also based upon the same chip. The YBox2 also includes the Propeller and other support circuitry.

What hardware do you have already? If you already have a working Propeller setup and you just want to add network connectivity, the PropNIC would be a good choice, if you are just getting started, the YBox2 may be a good idea.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio - the modular Development system for the Propeller

PropNIC - Add ethernet ability to your Propeller! PropJoy - Plug in a joystick and play some games!

SD card Adapter - mass storage for the masses Audio/Video adapter add composite video and sound to your Proto Board
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-09-16 01:56
    Another option is a WIZNET module. I have a W5100 that I did some preliminary code for before I got distracted with other tasks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.

www.brilldea.com·- Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, uOLED-IOC, eProto fo SunSPOT, BitScope
    www.sxmicro.com - a blog·exploring the SX micro
    www.tdswieter.com
  • bufflerbuffler Posts: 22
    edited 2008-09-16 06:46
    Thanks to all!
    Don