····· error:

········· BASIC stamp is detected but not responding on COM1
········· check power supply.

····· all connections r ok, power supply is ok,·serial port com1 is working

····· so what i have to do····

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2008-09-15 15:13
    Okay, so there's something wrong with your assumptions.

If it WAS installed "perfectly", it would be working, so apparently it's not installed perfectly. Yet.

Typically you get this error when the BS2 is properly connected, but power is low (9-volt batteries don't last that long) or you're using a USB adapter which doesn't support all the 'handshake' lines (like a Belkin).

So, what you have to do is either replace (or use a voltmeter to verify the 9-volt, WHILE it's powering the BS2) the 9-volt battery, or replace the USB adapter with one that works, like the FTDI one or the KeySpan one.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-09-15 15:16
    Recheck the power supply. If you have a multimeter, check the supply voltage at the Stamp itself.

If you're using a USB to serial adapter, it may not be working properly or it may not be compatible
    with the Stamps. In particular, many USB to serial adapters do not properly implement what are
    called "handshaking" lines which are necessary for Stamp programming. It may also be that you're
    using the default USB serial drivers in Windows. These do not handle the handshaking lines properly
    and you'd need to install the USB to serial adapter's specific driver from the adapter's manufacturer.

This message means that the wiring is intact up to the Stamp module. The Stamp has to be actually
    running to be able to download a program. There's a built-in program that's activated that "corresponds"
    with the Stamp Editor on the PC. That's why the Stamp has to be properly powered and the handshake
    lines (DTR particularly) force the Stamp to reset so the built-in program gets control.
  • KIRANKIRAN Posts: 5
    edited 2008-09-15 15:51
    i am connecting thru serial poat 9pin female.
    but their is no problem with·connection power supply.
    if i am changing settings(port --·COM1, default--AUTO) in basic stamp editor properties in stamp software it is giving that no basic stamp detected.

actually wat happen BS2e is electrostatic device i·connected and disconnected the·stamp with my hand directly many times so it will give any problem