Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Missing XTAL crystal — Parallax Forums

Missing XTAL crystal

HydraHackerHydraHacker Posts: 77
edited 2008-09-14 17:47 in Propeller 1
Andrei,
I just bought my hydra kit today and it's really awesome!!!.

HydraHacker

Post Edited (HydraHacker) : 9/27/2008 1:07:56 AM GMT

Comments

• BadgerBadger Posts: 184
    edited 2008-09-14 00:12
    hydrahacker

look deep in the box they are loose and it may have feel off. just dump it out on a table and go through it very very well you should find it. is says so in the book that comes with it even

badger
  • HydraHackerHydraHacker Posts: 77
    edited 2008-09-14 00:34
    Badger,
    I looked pretty good all through the box,besides the Hydra board is packed in a bubble wrapped bag that is taped shut.

HydraHacker
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 184
    edited 2008-09-14 00:38
    hey

guess you will to contact parallax .. mine was in the box. i had to find it and put it back in..

that is why i posted to you
    Badger
    edited 2008-09-14 02:29
    Badger,
    Thanks for the reply, I will call Parallax customer support monday.

HydraHacker
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2008-09-14 15:23
    The Propeller chip with works without a crystal, but it will be the wrong frequency for proper video output and too unstable. If you have tried powering up without a crystal, you have NOT done any damage. My Hydra has a 10Mhz crystal, while other Propeller code uses an 8Mhz and maybe slower. Parallax was more conservative in the beginning, but having that extra 20% allows you to do more detail.

If you really can't wait, you may be able to find one locally to buy as a spare. Any 10Mhz crystal should work, some are just in bigger packages.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    It's sunny and warm here. It is always sunny and warm here.... (unless a typhoon blows through).

Tropically, G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse] 黃鶴 ] in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 9/14/2008 3:29:21 PM GMT
    edited 2008-09-14 17:47
    Kramer,
    I tried running the demo asteroids, and the images on the screen were only partially there and they just flickered.
    So I'm wondering if maybe radio shack might carry one I could use. I really don't want to have to pack it back up
    and run it 25 miles one way to fry's electronics to exchange it.

HydraHacker