Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
help help help — Parallax Forums

help help help

ozzy metalozzy metal Posts: 2
edited 2008-09-12 21:11 in Propeller 1
Hello ·I would like that somebody helped me therefore I live in Brazil and to buy components here it is complicated had the high tax of charged importation there then if somebody bought in U.S.A. to propeller and I sent me here for Brazil would thank and pay to everything .

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-09-12 15:19
    The problem with sending something from the USA is shipping is very expensive, usually more expensive than tax is.·You best bet is to order from a distributor that is closer to you. I would recommend ordering from Aristides Alvarez in Argentina:

Aristides L. Alvarez
    Rio Negro 4968
    Mar del Plata, Bs As (7600)
    Phone: +54 (223) 474 5058,
    Web: http://www.microsparallax.com.ar/
    Email: info@microsparallax.com.ar

Asking someone to try to circumvent custom laws can get both of you in trouble, and most companies won't take the risk.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-09-12 17:05
    ozzy, in the future I would recommend a more descriptive subject line. You should choose a subject that describes your issue or question.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • ozzy metalozzy metal Posts: 2
    edited 2008-09-12 20:27
    Debtor Paul Backer for its reply but exactly the product come of Argentina the charged tax would be the same e if was ordered to propeller for a natural person and not legal and in the value of up to 50 dollars, the tax would not be charged. It forgives me Chris Savage for this topic but it is that I very want some products of parallax Exactly thus thanks a lot to all they are with GOD.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-09-12 21:11
    The point I'm trying to say ozzy, is that customs is the price of doing business unfortunately. And electronics is one of the highest rates for excise tax. Most businesses as a rule will not lie on a customs form, because if they are caught they can be fined thousands of dollars and face high scrutiny with future shipments which will delay all packages getting to thier destination in that country. Asking an individual to do this is putting them in jeopardy for the same types of fines. If you are able to find somone willing to take the risk, then that is great for you. But, don't be suprised if no one steps forward.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.