Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
sound — Parallax Forums

sound

fredroxfredrox Posts: 4
edited 2008-09-09 05:43 in BASIC Stamp
I found a music playback module that used two inputs to play and scroll through recordings. It played recorded sounds loaded via a usb connection. The company that sold it seems to have gone out of business and I did not receive my order. I need to get something asap to use with a basic stamp. I have maybe 3 outputs left to control it and I will have wave sounds looping and a voice recording playing at the end of the cycle. I have found others but need a bit of cicuitry to be built and I am on a time frame. can any one help.

Comments

• DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
    edited 2008-09-09 03:27
    I've heard of a chip that can play wav files nativity, with minimal circuitry decent audio can be produced. if the sound clips are short enough they could be stored on the chips internal RAM. or a SDcard could be added for bigger files. This chip could be controlled from your stamp with 1 I/O line. (via serial communication) with only a resistor in between. The chip is widely supported and only costs $19.99 on a really good development board.

take a look at it here.

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/PropellerDevelopmentBoards/tabid/514/CategoryID/73/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/423/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

in all seriousness. The Propeller is totally over kill for this but it could easily do what you need. I doubt you can find a product for under $20.00 that can do this and it would be pretty easy to do.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DGSwaner

"When in doubt, use C4" - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2008-09-09 05:43
    I needed two tracks of hi-fi sound for a project. and my electrical engineering pals provided me with a standard industry "voice chip" that sounded awful after amplification. Before they could build a better one for me, I gutted a cheap MP3 player and made connections to its on and "next track" buttons, controlled by a $15 Stamp 1 Project Board. Great sound quality and a straightforward installation. The MP3 player was a 1.5 volt unit, so I used an LM317T regulator to get that voltage.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."