Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
motor and motor drivers using the propeller chip — Parallax Forums

motor and motor drivers using the propeller chip

Uncle GeorgeUncle George Posts: 14
edited 2008-09-10 21:24 in Propeller 1
Need some suggestions on learning to use motor and motor drivers using the propeller chip. One motor need to able to position itself and the other just be able to rotate forward and backward w/ speed control. Suggestions please

Post Edited By Moderator (Joshua Donelson (Parallax)) : 10/23/2009 4:50:08 AM GMT

Comments

• DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
    edited 2008-09-08 16:12
    I'd add a subject to your post. and also controlling a motor is as easy as controlling an i/o pin or much more complex depending on many factors. I think for us to be able to help you, you need to decide on a specific motor and controller. the type of motor, voltage/amperage and accuracy needed will all factor into how you control it. your choice will also determine what additional circuitry is required and how to interface/control it with the Propeller.

if you need help choosing a motor/controller your need to provide specific info on what your doing for anyone to make a suggestion.

Welcome back to the Forum!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DGSwaner

"When in doubt, use C4" - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster
  • ElectricAyeElectricAye Posts: 4,561
    edited 2008-09-08 16:15
    You might check:

http://forums.parallax.com/forums/?f=25&m=197069&g=197069#m197069

And click on the link for the zip file of the PE kit servo doo-hickey.

Have fun,
    Mark

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    It might be the Information Age but the Eon of Ignorance has yet to end.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-09-10 21:24
    Uncle George, as suggested, please add a subject line to your post by using the pencil icon in the top right of the message to edit it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering