Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Outputting the Debug content — Parallax Forums

Outputting the Debug content

Nate WiseNate Wise Posts: 4
edited 2008-09-08 05:58 in BASIC Stamp
hello,
My question is does the basic stamp editor output to another form like xml so i can read the debug command in another program like adobe flash or php.
I dont have any code right now i am in concept stages of my project, trying to see if my ideas are possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-09-07 14:40
    No

You can manually cut and paste from the debug window to some other window like a word processor, but there's nothing automatic.

On the other hand, BS2 DEBUG output is just serial information and you can use a serial terminal program with a text capture feature to do what you want or you can write your own PC program in any programming language with serial I/O capability to do whatever you want.

If you want to use a BS1, the DEBUG information is different. There's an article in the Nuts and Volts Columns series on decoding the data produced by the BS1's DEBUG statement. This is downloadable from Parallax. Go to their main webpage, select the Resources tab, then the Nuts and Volts Columns links. You can find the article in the index along with lots of other useful information.
  • Nate WiseNate Wise Posts: 4
    edited 2008-09-08 05:58
    Thanks Mike i came up with the most simple solution, use a LCD display. The only thing i have to do is jazz up the look of it.