Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller based Robot and Boe Bot on TV (Twin city public TV) — Parallax Forums

Propeller based Robot and Boe Bot on TV (Twin city public TV)

jmbertoncelli@USAjmbertoncelli@USA Posts: 48
edited 2008-09-07 20:02 in Propeller 1
Hello

I am member of the twin cities robotics group (http://www.tcrobots.org/) and we were invited to participate to a new show based on the idea of the Make magazine.· I have planed to take my Boe Bot that is customized as line follower and I shall·take another robot that won't be fully operational but I should be able to demo the sensors interfaces connected to a Propeller.· The Propeller is responsible to collect sensors data (one cog per sensor type: IRPD, TPA81, GP2D12, SRF02, Parallax GPS and Compass...).· One Cog is dedicated to broadcast all the data collected by the sensor array to a·laptop based station using the Parallax Bluetooth communication device.· I have designed the Prop code for extensive parallel operations.
·
If you have any ideas on what could be nice to show on TV just let me know and I shall see if I can make it on time.· TPT will shoot the show by the end of October (26th, 27th, and 28th).

here is the laptop S/W GUI that is still a work in progress and a picture of my Prop based robot.

·http://home.comcast.net/~jmbertoncelli/Robotics/UGOV.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~jmbertoncelli/Robotics/ugovb01.jpg

have a great weekend.

jm.

PS: Message for Parallax let me know if you have any concerns having me showing the Boe Bot or the Propeller on TV.
1396 x 900 - 122K
UGOV.jpg 121.6K

Comments

• simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2008-09-07 11:53
    @Jim: Interesting smile.gif

Re: the GUI: what did you use to programme that - VB.net? And I love the dials - did you create them, or are they from some package?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,
    Simon

www.norfolkhelicopterclub.com

You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again wink.gif
    BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offence at my writing style smile.gif
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2008-09-07 12:09
    Jim,

Looks neat. I love to see some more info and pics.

Looks like you guys have a great club too.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • jmbertoncelli@USAjmbertoncelli@USA Posts: 48
    edited 2008-09-07 20:02
    Hello,
    ·
    The GUI is a Windows VISTA Based application.· I am a Windows programmer and I am using C# and .NET 3.5 SP1.· The application is multi-threaded because I want to be able to process inbound communication, process logic, user interface and outbound communication without slowing down the real-time engine (process logic) that is responsible to analyze the inbound data and generate outbound control commands.· I wrote the user controls responsible to draw the gauges in C# and I am willing to share my code.· The gauges are hosted within a C# class object but I think that I could create a DLL to host the code responsible to control and draw the gauges then other people could integrate my controls in their VB, VB#·or C# application.· As I said the·GUI and the ROBOTIC rover are a work in progress I still have a lot of work to do...··My ultimate goal is to compete in robotics autonomous navigation contest.· I have already written the C# class that is responsible to parse the NMEA GPS protocol and compute the bearing, distance...· I have also a CMUCAM2+ for color tracking, most of the time autonomous navigation contest used colored cones to identify the way points.
    ·
    The rover brain is based on a Propeller proto board but I think that I shall stack a second Propeller proto board I need a lot of computing power to collect sensors data then send and receive control commands from the based station.
    ·
    The rover is based on:
    The Lynxmotion rover kit, BotBoardII, Basic Atom Pro 28, PS2 RC wireless controller, 4 x Gear Head Motor - 12vdc 30:1 200rpm (6mm shaft), IRPD V2.
    The Acroname turret kit (CMUCAM2+, TPA81[noparse][[/noparse]heat seeking device], 3 x SRF02, 3 x GP2D12·
    The Dimension Engineering Sabertooth 2x10 (motor controller), 1 x 3.3V 1A Switching voltage regulator, 1 x 5.0V 1A Switching voltage regulator, 1 x AnyVolt Micro Universal DC-DC Converter.
    The Parallax Propeller Proto board, Bluetooth transceiver, GPS, Compass, Sensirion.
    ·
    1·x NI-MH 12V· 4200mAh· battery Pack.
    2·x NI-MH 7.2V 4200mAh ·battery Pack.
    ·
    The rover can be remotely controlled using a PS2 wireless controller.
    ·
    Let me know if you want to know more. I think that I shall Video the GUI in action?
    ·
    I hope that my big rover will be ready for the TV show!
    ·
    Have a great week end.
    ·
    Jm.·(a French gentleman in Minnesota)