Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINK — Parallax Forums

PINK

anothercrockettanothercrockett Posts: 1
edited 2008-09-02 20:08 in Propeller 1
Me and my friend are working on a project that requires use to communicate to the PINK ethernet module, and we're having problems. Whenever we try to sent a command (read variables), it will not go through. Any suggestions/help?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-09-02 18:04
    You will have to describe in detail or attach a schematic of your connections and attach your program source. It's not practical to try to offer suggestions without more information.
  • AleksAleks Posts: 52
    edited 2008-09-02 18:17
    @Mike-
    I'm the friend on this project. Honestly, we don't really have much together yet. We took the spin stamp, hooked up the pink ethernet according to the included documentation onto pins 10 and 11 (rx and tx respectively), and used 1K in series resistors. I tried using FullDuplexSerial and the simplest method of communication possible, basically pink.str(string("!NB0R00")) followed by LCD.print(pink.rx) in order to view the variable value. It didn't quite work, we tried various methods of doing it, and then our boss came by and pushed us back on the original project so we had to lay it aside. Frustrated, we are seeking out help here to find out how someone else has operated the pink.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ~Some men see things as they are and ask "why?"
    I dream of things that never were and ask "why not?"~
    edited 2008-09-02 18:38
    The PINK deals with strings. You might consider using the Extended Full Duplex Serial object from the Object Exchange which adds a layer for receiving strings into byte arrays.

What does "didn't quite work" mean? What worked? What didn't work? Can you configure the PINK with a web browser?
  • Peter VerkaikPeter Verkaik Posts: 3,956
    edited 2008-09-02 18:40
    There is a Pink object (Pink V2) in the OBEX:
    http://obex.parallax.com/objects/category/5/?page=4

I have used the Pink with the Spin Stamp.

regards peter
    edited 2008-09-02 18:41
    Here's a completed project using a Propeller and a PINK: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=722531
  • AleksAleks Posts: 52
    edited 2008-09-02 18:41
    Well we're trying to port from our success with the Javelin Stamp. I haven't really touched the PINK in a while, so when I brought it out today I had to remember everything I had done previously. We already have a web page up and running, and downloaded onto the PINK. My computer can access it through our work network, so everything on the hardware end is working correctly. The issue we're having is reaching it through the propeller. We've tried writing bytes to the variables, and reading the variables on the PINK. No success either way.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ~Some men see things as they are and ask "why?"
    I dream of things that never were and ask "why not?"~
  • Peter VerkaikPeter Verkaik Posts: 3,956
    edited 2008-09-02 18:53
    Aleks,
    The PinkV2 object is a direct conversion from my Javelin PinkV2 class.

Mike,
    Thanks for posting that link. That particular project uses
    the PinkV2 object in a real application.

regards peter
  • Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2008-09-02 20:08
    You might want to try connecting to the PINK via telnet and watch the debug info. I believe this is documented in the PINK manual, and should be very helpful for debugging communication problems.