Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
bs2px cooling — Parallax Forums

bs2px cooling

BadgerBadger Posts: 184
edited 2008-09-01 04:21 in BASIC Stamp
Hello

i have a boe with a bs2px cpu it runs pretty hot. 1. is it supposed to do that under little to no load. 2. any ideas on how or ware to look for cooling this chip.

Phil.

Badger

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-31 21:49
    What voltage are you using for Vin? It should be 6-7.5V. If it's more like 9-12V, then the regulator on the Stamp module can indeed get hot.
    What do you have connected to the Stamp's I/O pins? Anything connected there adds to the current requirements of the Stamp itself.
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 184
    edited 2008-08-31 21:51
    Hello again

if a fan and heat sink can be put on the chip.. I have an old ati 7600 it has a heat sink and fan on the mdac would that work.. if i can get it to say on secure.. like glue or somthing.. any ideas out there in the Land of Parallax

badger
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 184
    edited 2008-08-31 21:56
    Hello

Mike i was trying to run a motor there that was 5 to 6 volts I dont remember that amps. that may do the heat thing.. i will of load that to another type of power.. thanks.. but the idea of cooling the cpu it self. It gets reall warm as well

Badger
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-09-01 04:21
    Are you connecting the power directly to the I/O pins? Where is the power going to on the BS2px? Is it on a board?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering