Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
What the well-dressed PPDB is wearing this fall... — Parallax Forums

What the well-dressed PPDB is wearing this fall...

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2008-09-02 13:36 in Propeller 1
After everything that Ken donated to the Expo, he was also gracious to give me a PPDB!
(Parallax is the very definition of "awesome" -- Thanks Ken)

I couldn't bear the thought of my shiny new PPDB sitting on the workbench collecting particles
of dust when not in play.. I like the idea of the PEkit case and thought it work here too.

A little time with the rotary tool and.....

(I ordered mine from here...
theezcatalog.com/index.aspx?StId=158&ShId=5e09bb88334f41c083c615b2470e6a06&tab=13&Qtype=1&sku=626155)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
New to the Propeller?

Getting started with a Propeller Protoboard?
Check out: Introduction to the Proboard & Propeller Cookbook 1.4
Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
Got an SD card connected? - PropDOS
768 x 576 - 91K
768 x 576 - 89K
768 x 576 - 135K
768 x 576 - 120K

Comments

• SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2008-08-31 20:54
    Hi Oldbitcollector

PPDB fine but to expensive to My pocket.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.

Sapieha

Post Edited (Sapieha) : 8/31/2008 9:33:16 PM GMT
  • BradCBradC Posts: 2,601
    edited 2008-08-31 21:33
    ooooooo shiny!
    Like it..

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Pull my finger!
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-09-01 00:43
    Sweet!
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2008-09-01 01:03
    "What the well-dressed PPDB is wearing this fall..." and I was expecting to see one of my SD card adapters! wink.gif

(that is, once I get another shipment of them in later this week)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio - the modular Development system for the Propeller

PropNIC - Add ethernet ability to your Propeller! PropJoy - Plug in a joystick and play some games!

SD card Adapter - mass storage for the masses Audio/Video adapter add composite video and sound to your Proto Board
  • tpw_mantpw_man Posts: 276
    edited 2008-09-01 01:11
    Awesome!!!! Want!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I am 1011, so be surprised!

Advertisement sponsored by dfletch:
    Come and join us on the Propeller IRC channel for fast and easy help!
    Channel: #propeller
    Server: irc.freenode.net or freenode.net
    If you don't want to bother installing an IRC client, use Mibbit. www.mibbit.com
    tongue.gif
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-09-01 01:19
    Nice case!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.

www.brilldea.com·- Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, uOLED-IOC, eProto fo SunSPOT, BitScope
    www.sxmicro.com - a blog·exploring the SX micro
    www.tdswieter.com
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-09-01 01:47
    You didn't look very closely.. It's hiding in the slot, upper left.
    (In the bag..)

OBC

parts-man73 said...
    "What the well-dressed PPDB is wearing this fall..." and I was expecting to see one of my SD card adapters! wink.gif
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with a Propeller Protoboard?
    Check out: Introduction to the Proboard & Propeller Cookbook 1.4
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card connected? - PropDOS
  • liljoentxliljoentx Posts: 25
    edited 2008-09-01 18:56
    A neighbor showed up yesterday with my missing UPS shipment...my PPDB...HOORAH!

Anyway, I had a similar item in mind while twiddling my thumbs Saturday and ordered a Plano 1119-06 double sided tackle box.
    It's 13.5 x 10.2 x 4.5 with a 10 x 5.3 x 2.25 compartment on one side, which will nicely accommodate the PPDB, while allowing ports for all of the left hand side services to be accessible through the case (dremeled to suit). They can be had for less than $20
    on Amazon or local outdoor supply houses. I'll upload some photos once I fit it all out.

Great minds think alike!
    nono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gif

mad.gifmad.gif SEPTEMBER 8th...WARNING...STATIC ELECTRICITY HAZARD!!!! mad.gifmad.gif

Not only were my measurements incorrect, but the beautiful green, plastic covers on these boxes collect and retain static electricity like a cat's fur!

Thought it would be a good idea, but unless you have a need for a fishing tackle box or something to hold non-static sensitive parts in, try something else. My apologies if any of you have already sent off for one of these.

nono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gifnono.gif

Post Edited (liljoentx) : 9/9/2008 4:54:26 PM GMT
    400 x 400 - 19K
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2008-09-02 13:36
    OBC,

I guess you've made your case.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

I have been using this Plano Model 3750 from back when I started for my Board of Education and parts, shown here on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Plano-3750-Prolatch-Inhibitor-Chips/dp/B000E39T5A. I was surprised when I got my PE Kit and Parallax had used the same box.

I made another one for my Propeller Proto Boards and parts. I also stole Parallax's idea and made an insert card for the lid with the dimensioned drawing of the Proto Board and the Proto Board Schematic on the inside.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Post Edited (Whit) : 9/2/2008 1:58:09 PM GMT