Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Keyboard driver for Imagecraft C — Parallax Forums

Keyboard driver for Imagecraft C

jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
edited 2008-09-01 17:19 in Propeller 1
Please have a look at this keyboard package before I commit to OBEX.
Need feedback on liscensing, API usage, or any obvious errors.
Someone else can do the cog saving combined mouse/keyboard.
TIA

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
--Steve

Comments

• simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2008-09-01 00:30
    @jazzed: Thanks for posting - unfortunately I'm snowed-under with client work (just given-up debugging that for one night - it's 01:30 right now) so can'y give you any feedback. Just wanted you to know that you're not being ignored - and thank you for the great C stuff you've been contributing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,
    Simon

www.norfolkhelicopterclub.com

You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again wink.gif
    BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offence at my writing style smile.gif
  • RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
    edited 2008-09-01 13:36
    As noted in my other thread, I have not run your code yet. I do have a question as to how you used pasm. I looked at the code, and I did not see any inline code, so it must be that I am not recognizing how you are using pasm. I guess you have a demo board that you tried the code on, so you probably have tested it·out already. The code looks very professional, and straight forward, with a lot of comments, thanks.

Ray
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2008-09-01 17:19
    Rsadeika said...
    As noted in my other thread, I have not run your code yet. I do have a question as to how you used pasm. ...
    Hi Ray.

Thanks for your kind remarks.

The PASM is not "in-line" with the C code, it is launched in a separate COG in an array as "micro-code" (industry speak for this method) and the C code API provide an interface. The PASM comes from a .spin file created by Chip Gracey ... see copyright notice.

All modules I produce are tested on a Propeller Protoboard that has the VGA kit installed. TV and SD devices were added to that board separately among other things and is kind of a permanent feature on my desk.

The attached pic shows how the keyboard demo will look on a TV. Bad Boys ... was typed using the keyboard. I kind of· wish I had added backspace and·LF-CR filtering to the demo.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Steve
    640 x 480 - 109K