Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
"Labor" (on Propeller) "Day" — Parallax Forums

"Labor" (on Propeller) "Day"

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2008-09-07 05:14 in Propeller 1
Ok Gang, it's a holiday again!
If you're like me you've been in a hustle to get all those chores
done to keep Labor Day open for Hotdogs and Propellers.
(Is there time for a Propeller-based hotdog rotator?)

What Projects are you planning to work on on Labor Day.
Common gang, set some goals here.. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I'm going to work on my PPDB instructional/code for beginners.
(Because I can totally relate, being I'm only 15min ahead of them.)

Anyone else?

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
New to the Propeller?

Getting started with a Propeller Protoboard?
Check out: Introduction to the Proboard & Propeller Cookbook 1.4
Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
Got an SD card connected? - PropDOS

Comments

• jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2008-08-31 01:58
    I've been working on a "mill" that uses stepper motors for three axis with angle-aluminum and cutting board. Two axis X and Z are done though the Z axis is not as tight as I would like. I plan to add the Y axis tomorrow and Labor Day with some unrelated programming between now and then.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Steve
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-08-31 02:49
    I will continue to work on my boebot. But, it will be after I get off of work.

God Bless!

tongue.gif
  • Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
    edited 2008-08-31 03:07
    OBC,
    I've had all the parts laying around here for awhile, I decided this weekend I was going to finally get my CNC lathe fitted with its Propeller powered tool changer. I have already most of the code in objects and just need to wire everything up and polish up the code and I hope it works!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Thank's Brian

·"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." ·· Albert Einstein

www.PropelX.com
    edited 2008-08-31 03:10
    Good Luck! I hope you do Great!
    smile.gif
  • ElectricAyeElectricAye Posts: 4,561
    edited 2008-08-31 03:14
    I got a Hydra SD Max Card today, even though I don't have a Hydra. I bought it for the manual so I could sit down and learn how SD cards do their thing. I was told the manual that came with this would answer all my questions. At 50 bucks, I sure hope so. That way me and Mike Green can go fishing someday. And eat and eat and eat and eat...

smile.gif
    Mark
  • tpw_mantpw_man Posts: 276
    edited 2008-08-31 03:16
    I'm gonna be working on a lot of things, like this LMM I am writing just to learn, and running the displays on my PPDB properly(there seems to be something wrong with the character lookup tables).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I am 1011, so be surprised!

Advertisement sponsored by dfletch:
    Come and join us on the Propeller IRC channel for fast and easy help!
    Channel: #propeller
    Server: irc.freenode.net or freenode.net
    If you don't want to bother installing an IRC client, use Mibbit. www.mibbit.com
    tongue.gif
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2008-08-31 03:23
    OBC,

I'll play with my SD Card Adapter, PropDOS and continue on the Prop Education Labs.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Jesse DruehlJesse Druehl Posts: 25
    edited 2008-08-31 03:41
    Playing with my sparkfun uSD breakout board, waiting for my hydra book. And of course working on the Tempest game.

Jesse
    W5JCD
  • SawmillerSawmiller Posts: 276
    edited 2008-08-31 04:34
    finally got the last parts for my new cnc router ( joes 4 x 4 hybrid )
    so i'll be putting that together and running it in.
    also have used diptrace to create a pcb for my sd card sockets..
    will try to mill that for fun
    heres a pic of my new mill.... 4' x 4'
    1020 x 768 - 236K
  • Beanie2kBeanie2k Posts: 83
    edited 2008-08-31 05:09
    Well if I would quit being so lazy I would finish up the data display for my truck. I tested the large TV font code and it should work great. All I have to do now is tie it to a serial object to make a Prop-based terminal and it should be done!
  • heaterheater Posts: 3,370
    edited 2008-08-31 13:16
    I've been reading around VHDL recently so I'm going to spend Labor Day coding up that Prop II thing we've been specing out around here recently. Whilst Chip is relaxing with his tractor on the farm. He deserves a rest I think.

Oh wait a minute, it's not a holiday here in Finland. You'll have to wait for Chip to get back.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    For me, the past is not over yet.
  • Sniper KingSniper King Posts: 221
    edited 2008-08-31 15:08
    This weekend i have been working out the code for the nanopilot for the autonomous sailboat project. I am going to try some parking lot tests next week and get the bugs all worked out.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·- Ouch, thats not suppose to be hot!··

Michael King
    Application Engineer
    R&D
    Digital Technology Group
  • bambinobambino Posts: 789
    edited 2008-08-31 22:43
    I am going to chill a six pack down to about 25 degrees and get a Bluetooth radio up and running. I would like to also port some of my other code over into PASM and Objects as my main spin file is getting quit long!
  • dazed&confuseddazed&confused Posts: 20
    edited 2008-09-01 00:28
    ···· I'll be working on a Temp. moniter to read temp. w/ a 1/128 per Deg.F'. resolution w/ the Propeller.;This will moniter 24 - 12oz. Beverage's· in and "Igloo"·type containment chamber, and display the results on NTSC "tv"formate. I have tests results ·from other Holidays and I have found that 32.0001'F is the magic number.While the small release of CO2 from opening a 12oz Beverage container will cause a refergate effect and form tiny ice crytals in the Beverage container.!!!...I have some·good DATA on·the 1st to 6th Beverages; However the DATA seems to be·squde from 6th to 12th??????? not sure whats going on here.·After the 12th·Beverage in the test I gess the DATA was lost, Because I had no DATA?????

······················· P.S.don't forget to check the _born on date_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!_%WMc$_out!!!!
  • bambinobambino Posts: 789
    edited 2008-09-01 00:38
    Dazed&Confused said...
    (·After the 12th·Beverage in the test I gess the DATA was lost, Because I had no DATA?????)
    This is the reason I prefer 25 degrees. The Ice formed is more profound and I have to wait for it to melt a little before consumeing it. This in general forces the Data out of the test before reaching Can #12
  • simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2008-09-01 00:42
    You guys crack me up! LOL

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,
    Simon

www.norfolkhelicopterclub.com

You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again wink.gif
    BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offence at my writing style smile.gif
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-09-01 00:55
    ROLFLOL!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with a Propeller Protoboard?
    Check out: Introduction to the Proboard & Propeller Cookbook 1.4
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card connected? - PropDOS
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2008-09-02 14:06
    Hey Everyone,

Well, my fun plans kinda fell through. Our power was on and off a good bit. We are in Northeast Louisiana and still got pretty good winds and rain (which is still going on) from Gustav. All in all, things were not really as bad as they could have been in the southern part of the state. We have lots of evacuees up here, which is great because most folks were smart enough to leave south Louisiana.

Did get to read some by battery powered lantern!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
    edited 2008-09-07 05:14
    Hey, Whit! Enjoy some crawfish for this ole cajun.

smile.gif