Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Having a little trouble with the IR edge fall off detectors. — Parallax Forums

Having a little trouble with the IR edge fall off detectors.

MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
edited 2008-08-31 02:45 in Propeller 1
I have downloaded hundreds of Documents,etc.· I have tried to read everything.· I read somewhere about the Edge of the table detection. But, I did not see any code except for the basic stamp.· Now, when I run Boebot.bas,· I get on the screen numbers that it is reading from the PING and IRs.· The PING has large numbers, and ALL of the IR= 9··· 9···· 9·· 9··· 9· (in other words all 9's everytime.·) is this normal. maybe it is telling me that the table is 9mm away from the sensor. I have two emitters pointing down and I also have a sensor mounted to the PING bracket pointing down also. But what is strange is that after I get the readings, it stops and goes back to "OK".

I am trying to get everything all working together. They all seem to be working separately.· It Pinged in all directions then when backward or forward, I forget, then it went 45 degrees in one direction and then the other and then forward, etc. It all worked fine. I need to change the code in order to make it run continuous until stop.

I think overall, things are going well with the help of my new forum friends.

I am hoping to implement voice recognition and speech generation, I hope.

I also need to find a way to load the whole program into SDRAM and "autoexec.bat" run it without the usb connection hooked up. I have read somewhere how to do it. I just need to try it.

I still have problems getting BS2 functions to work.· I may have to add another EEPROM.· I have 2 gigs of SDRAM this should be enough.

I guess I am rambling too much, I have been at this all day.

Hope you guys are doing well.

God Bless!!

hop.gif·hop.gifhop.gif

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-31 01:59
    Did you read the description of the IRZONE function in the BoeBotBasic documentation?
    Do you understand what it said? What Basic program are you running?

As I've mentioned before, you should really do things one step at a time, make sure that
    step works properly and that you understand how it works and how to use it. By trying to
    do several things at a time, you may spend a huge amount of time and not get very far.
    It'll be exciting and it'll be a lot of work, but you'll create more frustration and extra work
    for yourself and, in the end, not have as much to show for it in terms of understanding.

What do you mean by SDRAM? Do you mean EEPROM? If so, try to use the correct term
    so people will understand you properly. If you do mean RAM, I'm not sure what you're
    trying to do. Read about the SAVE and LOAD statements. These allow you to save Basic
    programs to EEPROM or to an SD card, then load them back in. You can auto-start from
    EEPROM or an SD card. The information is in the 4th paragraph of the documentation.

Why would you need more EEPROM? The Protoboard already has an extra 32K which you
    can use anyway you want.
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-08-31 02:45
    I printed out the documentation on basic.· I will look for IRZONE.

By SDRAM I mean the 2GIG SD card.

I was having trouble loading boebot basic and trying to get the BS2functions working also. I figured I needed more ram.

Sorry for not being clear.

I have been testing things one at a time and everything worked. But, when I got to the IR part, I did not know how to test them. But, I guess if I am getting 9 9 9 9 9···at least they are working.

This was the last of items to test by themselves. Now, I want to make it work like it does in all of the videos. At least, that is my goal.·

I guess things are going good for the amount of time I have spent on this project.·

I will check out the IRZONE docs· and the 4th paragraph.··

I am connected through the USB port so I have to say "RUN" and then disconnect it so it can do it's thing. I figured if I could run it from the EEprom, all I would have to do is hit reset.

If you understand what I mean.

Thanks Again, Mike for your comments.