Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
READ Location, Variable — Parallax Forums

READ Location, Variable

Jack JordanJack Jordan Posts: 24
edited 2008-08-31 02:11 in BASIC Stamp
New to this program stuff. Trying·send data out using the OUTL directive. While testing in Proteus using the BS2e module·it appers the data doesnt move until the following command is executed. Don't understand when PBasic actually moves the data.
Thanks for any help Jack

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-30 23:52
    You can't use Proteus as an accurate guide for the actual behavior of a Stamp. PBasic executes the current command, then moves on to the next one. Input and output take place during the command performing the input or output.
  • Jack JordanJack Jordan Posts: 24
    edited 2008-08-31 00:05
    I understand that accuracy of how the stamp behaves in software simulation doesn't guantee the real world. However experance with Proteus 7 Professional/ISIS Pro and ARES I have found that the real world is close enough to nail down a design before I go to the breadboard. One program outputs (Steps DATA %1100, %0110, %0011, %1001) for stepper motor control seamingly as soon as the instruction runs and another program seems to lag. Could I have found a short comming in Proteus?
    Jack
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-31 02:11
    I've never used Proteus's system although I've read their webpage description. If what you describe is truly happening, then you've found a behavior that doesn't fit the behavior of the actual Stamp. Whether that's a shortcoming is a matter of opinion after a good reading of Proteus's manuals.