Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
To Noobies: This forum has a GREAT bunch of Guys! and very very Smart, Also!! — Parallax Forums

To Noobies: This forum has a GREAT bunch of Guys! and very very Smart, Also!!

MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
edited 2008-08-31 00:31 in Propeller 1
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have "Suffered" me through all of this. I have most of the functions working that I intended to put on the robot.· I am having· a Great time!

To: OBC : The Eagle has landed and it is in the Nest!· Thank You so much for your act of Kindness.· I enjoyed the extra little Eggs it brought with it.· God Bless You!

I will probably build a second robot in the future.

I think that I am over the hump now.

jumpin.gif·

Comments

• sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2008-08-30 18:44
    I'll join in your jumping for joy here, as I just got something working too. About two months ago after learning how to program the Propeller on a protoboard, I decided to try to make one from just the chips, like in the Propeller Education Kit (except that I just bought the 40-pin DIP Propeller, a 32K EEPROM, and the crystal: I already had the LEDs and resistors and breadboards and Prop Plug). I wired the whole thing together, and it didn't work. I checked and rechecked my circuit, and still just got "No Propeller found on". So I put it aside and worked on other things instead for a while, somewhat afraid that I'd fried the Propeller.

This morning I decided to tear it apart, put it back together, and try again. I did, and still nothing, but then while I was checking voltages I realized that the power/ground rails on my breadboard didn't extend all the way across as I'd assumed they did. I jumpered them, powered it up again, and bingo! A working Propeller! I ran the LED and pushbutton test program and that worked perfectly.

I'm using a nice little breadboard 3.3V power supply from Sparkfun rather than one that I built myself, though ironically I built the one in the Propeller Education Kit for another purpose back in the spring, where I needed both 5V and 3.3V.
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-08-31 00:00
    @Moviemaker,

That little display is one of Beans I picked up at the Expo.
    I thought it would look cool on a robot. twp_man has an object
    for it in obex.

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with a Propeller Protoboard?
    Check out: Introduction to the Proboard & Propeller Cookbook 1.4
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card connected? - PropDOS
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-08-31 00:31
    Cool Beans. I used to go to computer fairs in the 70s and 80s. But, I haven't been to one in quite some time. I don't travel much now.· But, I apreciate all that you have done for me.

tongue.gif