Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Professional Development Board — Parallax Forums

Propeller Professional Development Board

port513port513 Posts: 50
edited 2008-08-31 17:15 in Propeller 1
Hi!

Just bought my first Propeller processor with Propeller Professional Development Board.

Any ideas of how to begin with this kit? I have tried Spin and PASM but never really with a Propeller processor [noparse];)[/noparse]

/Henke

Comments

• TimmooreTimmoore Posts: 1,031
    edited 2008-08-29 19:17
    Take a look at this thread http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=25&m=288264, OBC wrote a test program for the displays.
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-08-30 02:27
    If you haven't done so already, I would probably go through the labs for the educational kit. I imagine the the PPDB has many of the components installed and just needs wires.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.

www.brilldea.com·- Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, uOLED-IOC, eProto fo SunSPOT, BitScope
    www.sxmicro.com - a blog·exploring the SX micro
    www.tdswieter.com
  • Brian218Brian218 Posts: 92
    edited 2008-08-30 18:38
    Hi Port513,

I also recommend the educational labs, I've found they're a great learning tool. Check out some of the sticky posts at the top of the prop. forum.

If you haven't obtained it yet, the Propeller manual is also a 'must have'. It can be bought from Parallax in book form, or it can be downloaded for free from the downloads page (link is on Parallax's homepage.). It has a tutorial that covers the basics, as well as, Spin/assy reference.
  • port513port513 Posts: 50
    edited 2008-08-31 17:15
    I'll download the as soon as I get home, right now I'm in my car [noparse];)[/noparse]

/Henke