Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NTSC from VGA Refresh rate problems? — Parallax Forums

NTSC from VGA Refresh rate problems?

dazed&confuseddazed&confused Posts: 20
edited 2008-08-30 01:16 in Propeller 1
I'm new to the Prop.(Old school Basic), I have·Modified the Example Prog. " FrequencyCountv1.0"; I change the OBJ. file from "txt_vga" to " txt_tv", This worked but the refresh rate is to slow and the display "flickers" real bad.,How can I correct this w/o a hole lot of code????

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-29 02:03
    You clear the screen on every display cycle and I believe the TV screen clear routine is much slower than the VGA clear routine. Both the TV and the VGA routines have control codes that position the cursor to a specific row and column. Look in the txt_tv driver for the control codes. Position the cursor to row zero and column zero, write the number you want and follow it with enough blanks to overwrite any previous displayed value (8 or 10 will do). Don't clear the display each time.
  • dazed&confuseddazed&confused Posts: 20
    edited 2008-08-30 01:16
    Thank You Mr.Green for Your Reply!!!; I went and looked up the "tv.spin" driver as You suggested. This forced Me to read the OBJ info Chapter I skip over before! Now that I have that under My belt, I need to study on ASSY. lingo A little more. I didn't recon. anything that looked like a "CR" or curser placer or what spec. a str$, CHR$, LEN$ or how many bits to display. I Thank You for putting Me on the "rite Track"