Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Article in September SERVO — Parallax Forums

Propeller Article in September SERVO

WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
edited 2008-08-29 16:39 in Propeller 1
Hey Everyone,

The first of a 4-part artilce titled Getting Control with the Propeller. Part 1 is by Chris Savage. It is about using the Prop to as a controller for DC Motors, hobby servos and stepper motors rather than seperate controllers. It includes info and plans for a custom PCB or you can build the prototype shown in the article. Part two (to be written by David Carrier) and will cover servo control and have a open-source object that will mimic the Parallax Servo Controller. Part three (to be written by Kevin McCullough) will be about stepper motor control. and Part Four will be about PWM control and include an open-source object·with hardware interface schematics (including a simple H-bridge)

I haven't really digested it yet, but it looks great. Check out the description here - http://www.servomagazine.com/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Post Edited (Whit) : 8/29/2008 1:43:20 AM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-08-29 15:12
    Whit,

Thanks for noticing that. We’ve been talking about it for quite some time now. We all know what the Propeller is capable of, but we hadn’t put as much focus on some application software for it. The three of us decided to merge our efforts and create something truly useful. Of course, in the end David Carrier is going to have some additional code that will be pretty neat stuff. I will see what I can come up with as well. Bottom line is we don’t plan on stopping there. The only thing I noticed is that Servo didn’t include the project web page in their list of links. I will have to contact them and see if they can do that in the next part. Until then, I will post a link myself.

http://www.parallax.com/Resources/ParallaxProjects/Propeller/tabid/664/Default.aspx

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2008-08-29 16:39
    Thanks for the link Chris!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney