Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question about BoeBot Basic — Parallax Forums

Question about BoeBot Basic

MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
edited 2008-08-29 03:55 in Propeller 1
Hi guys!

·· I tested everything out indiviually and now I am focusing on my IR Detectors and IR emitters as well as soundPal.· I understand in order to preform BS2 commands they are not a part of Boebot basic. So, I downloaded the BS2 Objects so I could have serial and pulse in and out, etc. needed for my next experiments.·

I did the following:

Load in BoebotBasic.spin
Move BS2_Functions to BoebotBasic folder
Add OBJ· BS_2 Functions to the Pink ObJ section.

Load Ram (probably not neccessary)
Load EEprom
get in PST terminal mode on com4
reset Propeller.

At this point, I expected to see a "BoebotBasic version blah blah blah!"

But, it was as if the terminal was not working again.

Any ideas what I have done wrong???

Thanks in Advance.
·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-29 01:28
    1) Enhancing BoeBotBasic is more complicated. You can't just add an object to the OBJ list and expect those capabilities to appear somewhere.
    You actually have to modify the BoeBotBasic interpreter to add new statements to it. It's not quite as hard as it sounds, but you do have to
    know how to read and program in Spin.

2) The BS2 function object is pretty big. If it's too big, it uses up all the memory that's left and there's no place to store the Basic program.

What kinds of functionality do you want to have? There's built-in support for IR object and distance detection already.
    To add soundPal support, the interpreter would have to be enhanced by adding new statements.

When you recompile BoeBotBasic, you have to make sure the "console" I/O pins are set appropriately in the serial I/O routine start call.
    They're either set to xBeeTx/xBeeRx or bootTx/bootRx in the source code. The copy you have may be set for use with the xBee transceiver.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 8/29/2008 1:33:24 AM GMT
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-08-29 01:57
    Thanks ,mike. I see. I want the Serial IN/OUT and Pulse IN/OUT.

I am just trying to get the little feller where he can navigate without bumping into things and falling off of things.
    edited 2008-08-29 02:09
    You can already do some pulse In/Out using PAUSE and the simple I/O (OUTA[noparse][[/noparse] ] / INA[noparse][[/noparse] ]). You're somewhat limited due to the speed of execution of the Basic interpreter.

You can already use the PING))) and the IR emitters/detector for navigation and avoiding bumping into and falling off things.

The only piece that's missing is the soundPAL. When you've mastered everything else, let me know and I'll make you a special version with the ability to use the soundPAL.
    edited 2008-08-29 02:15
    So, I have the things I need for the simple running and navigating. I did not know that. hmm!
    edited 2008-08-29 02:17
    READ THE DOCUMENTATION!

Print it out, scribble notes on it. It's not that many pages.
    edited 2008-08-29 03:17
    Ok, I am getting closer. I have printed out the documentation and I have loaded the program boebot.bas into the SD card. I have loaded it and I have ran it. It looks like it is working perfect except for going backward instead of forward. But, that looks easy to fix to me. Yeh! I am finally getting somewhere!!
    edited 2008-08-29 03:21
    It would go backwards if the servos were wired backwards (left servo to right servo pin, right servo to left servo pin).
    edited 2008-08-29 03:55
    Yep! all I did was reverse the LEFT servo with the RIGHT servo and it did it's little"

TEST the PING
    Go Right 45 degrees
    Go Left 45 Degrees
    Go Backward
    Go Forward

It is quite a lot of fun. I also changed the code from Left=1500 and Right=1600 to the oposite. I imagine that I had the things wired up wrong. But, it is working now. Gotta Love it!