Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I need help in starting a project from a cell phone. New User! — Parallax Forums

I need help in starting a project from a cell phone. New User!

hollacehollace Posts: 2
edited 2008-08-29 01:32 in BASIC Stamp
First let me say that I am very impressed with this site and all the information and projects. I am new to Parallax. I am working on my first project using a basic stamp. I want to take four small tubs. I will have a housing bracket built. At the top, there will be two tubs. One will have cool water and the other will have a heating element with hot water with a temp sensor in it. Once I start the program, the cool water will run down to the main tub and fill to a preset level. Once the hot water reaches the temp we set it to, it will also run down to the main tub untill the second temp gauge shuts off the hot water. If the water drops below the preset temputure, the main tub will open and release the cool water to the drain tub below·and more hot water will run to the main tub from the hot water tub above. I will have a stop button programed. I could program a start button as well, but I really wanted to start the whole project via cell phone. I know that I could use a light sensor and stick the phone in a box somewhere (which may be easiest way for this project) but, ·I really didn't want to do that. Again I am new so the answer may be obvious to the more experienced. So I will take any help I can get. Is there some kind of frequency ring tone anyone knows of that I could use? Or would the easier answer be to just wire straight in the cell phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks. smhair.gif

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2008-08-29 01:05
    If you just use a condition of the cell phone what will keep random salesmen from triggering your system? You really need to answer the phone and then listen for a series of tones. For that the best device would be a standalone modem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • hollacehollace Posts: 2
    edited 2008-08-29 01:32
    very true. I had not thought of that