Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Giant Step Forward today . . . baby step backwards. — Parallax Forums

Giant Step Forward today . . . baby step backwards.

MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
edited 2008-08-29 00:31 in Propeller 1
I have dedicated the whole day to spend with the BoeBot and Propeller. I have did all kinds of experiments. Today has been good!· But, I had absolutely no luck with the IR DETECTOR/EMIT or the Soundpal.· I am concentrating on the IR right now. Also, Although I get the PING working and the Pingservo working individually, I have yet to get them working in a subroutine to be useful. But, I am, however happy about the progress so far. I will work about another two hours , then it is time for bed.

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-08-28 22:32
    Ok, I know you got your soundpal question answered, where are you with your IR and coordinating the Ping and servo?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-08-29 00:01
    I am just starting to read the forums for more ideas and begin testing again.

Thank You , Paul, for answering.

tongue.gif
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2008-08-29 00:19
    Moviemaker,

I see you had a couple threads about the Propeller and BoeBot. (also I read the "did I ask too many questions..." thread)

I had a BoeBot that I dusted off this past weekend and brought it with me to the Propeller Expo. I was going to dedicate one of my door prize ProtoBoards and PING sensors to it. In fact I just ordered a PING sensor bracket/servo from Parallax yesterday. (I've never had a PING before! I had been using IR for distance/object detection)

I am interested in your progress, as I just got this toy out of storage, I don't want to put it back yet. We may be able to figure out some things together.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio - the modular Development system for the Propeller

PropNIC - Add ethernet ability to your Propeller! PropJoy - Plug in a joystick and play some games!

SD card Adapter - mass storage for the masses Audio/Video adapter add composite video and sound to your Proto Board
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-08-29 00:31
    Brian,

That sounds great! I plan to use the PING of course for obstical avoidence. But, I also want to use the IR for it not dropping of the table, or stairs, etc. I hope to give it voice recognition and speech capabilities. I have big hopes for the little guy. The amount of effort that one puts into making these little guys work makes us apreciate GOD more. Just think of how good he felt when he breathed life into us. I want my robot to be able to self program himself. And, to have confidence levels so he will know in a given situation how to act. And also, have lots of things that he can do, but like GOD has done with us with Free Agency, let him make the choice with his random number generator and confidence levels. I would like to PUSH the levels of AI with this little guy. I picked a name for mine. I call him B.O.B. (Brains On Board). I was not the first to come up with this. Nolan Bushnell had a robot he called BOB. I just borrowed it from him.

Look forward to working with you.