Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
questions about signals — Parallax Forums

questions about signals

science_geekscience_geek Posts: 247
edited 2008-08-28 00:25 in Propeller 1
i have several questions concerning signals and displays,

is it possible to take an rca signal and convert it to vga and vice versa?

when i look for a display to buy, what should i be looking for and what is manditory?

if a display has a touch screen add on·with the 4 leads, can the propellor read this and display a vga signal at close to the same time?

and finally,·does·anybody know·of ·displays about the size of a 4x6 notecard that are compatible with the prop for farely cheap?

Comments

• ElectricAyeElectricAye Posts: 4,561
    edited 2008-08-27 03:14
    Science,
    insofar as a display goes, if you mean you're looking for some kind of a simple system just to output information and debug programs, it's fairly cheap and easy to use a TV that has an RCA style input jack. There are some ready-made objects for outputting to a TV that I've found good for a beginner to start working with. Wiring it to your Prop requires just a few output pins and some resistors and maybe an RCA jack you can get at Radio Shack.

A display that is 4x6, on the other hand, sounds more like an LCD you're looking for. Maybe if you're a little more specific about what you want and why you want it, people here can come to your rescue.

good luck,
    Mark

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    It might be the Information Age but the Eon of Ignorance has yet to end.
  • science_geekscience_geek Posts: 247
    edited 2008-08-28 00:25
    i cant use a tv cause my family only has one and somebody is usally watching or recording, but thanks for the help, i just want a display that is easy to use, that i can output a vga or rca signal, preferably lcd or oled, i dont really want to have to make an extensive circuit to make it work, just a few pins and miscellaneous pieces, i want it light, but weight isnt a big issue, just something i can hold while working on projects, i want flexibility with it so i can use it for many differet things, one thing i plan on doing is getting a small camera hooked up to the prop and maybe have it see obsticles, or have a range sensor for a range detector, or some things like that