Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Color Camera in BS2 — Parallax Forums

Color Camera in BS2

tmd13tmd13 Posts: 16
edited 2008-08-26 23:37 in BASIC Stamp
I bought the TCS230-DB Color Sensor and for me to be able to plug this camera in Basic Stamp I had to buy this components :

BASIC Stamp DB-Expander Daughterboard-to-SIP and Daughterboard Extension Cable.

The problem is that I cant find any document in parallax web site that explain how to plug this into the parallax board, how to used those extra components and not even a sample code about this camera, so its been really hard for me to understand this.

I have to mention that i did found a pdf file but that only only shows me how to conect the voltage and the ground, nothing related with the pins and programming or samples codes.

I hope you can help me with this issue. I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• WolfbrotherWolfbrother Posts: 129
    edited 2008-08-26 22:33
    Please check this link. There are code examples on there too.

http://www.taosinc.com/development.asp?toolid=20
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2008-08-26 22:58
    There's plenty of documentation and examples for the color sensor on Parallax's TCS230-DB product page. The DB-Exapnader is also documented on its product page. What, in particular, do you feel you are missing?

-Phil
  • tmd13tmd13 Posts: 16
    edited 2008-08-26 23:23
    Well, I need to know how to connect the camera in the bs2 with the extra components, how exactly to connect it.

And some samples codes for the color detection.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2008-08-26 23:37
    On the TCS230-DB product page that I cited above, there's a demo program for color detection designed especially for the DB-Expander that you can download. In the program listing, it shows exactly which pins of the DB-Expander correspond to signals on the TCS230-DB and which BS2 pins to connect them to.

-Phil