Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hitachi Accelerometer Module — Parallax Forums

Hitachi Accelerometer Module

SolderHeadSolderHead Posts: 7
edited 2008-08-31 16:57 in Propeller 1
Hi I just got my propeller kit sent all the way to the tip of africa to play around with, with a ping))) and·the accelerometer·module. I rigged up the accelerometer to the propeller proto board as specified, 220 ohm resistors·in series with·all the signal lines, downloaded the object from the obex site, fired it up and it's not working, the X, Y and Z values are never set,·clk, dio and cs pins are toggling. I can read the zero G line... I think there could be something wrong with the·timing, maybe it's not designed for a 5mhz clock, ADC not getting what it wants on the accelerometer side,·or maybe I need better signal conditioning. Has anyone had a similar problem?·I'm a novice, and I'm not sure how to debug this·even if I had·an occiliscope, which I don't.

I'm using Vss and 5v to power it... any ideas???

Could not get the ping))) working either, maybe I need different circuitry, pull up/down resistors, not sure. Either that or the hardware is faulty.

Got servo's to move... and LED's to flash... but that's it... nothing's going in...

*scratches head*

Thanks.
SolderHead

Comments

• rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2008-08-26 01:17
    you have to use a common ground... but you probably are. Try a 1K on the signal line
    edited 2008-08-26 01:19
    by the way... those units are really robust... but they can collect charge. If all else fails leave everything else hooked up and remove the Vin... Got that from Paul Baker, it worked for me[noparse]:)[/noparse]
    edited 2008-08-26 01:41
    Sorry, I misread your note. I'm tired; my eyes are so dry I can barely see... and I have GPS on the brain.

You do need the 1K on the signal line... and then go over your set up again and check all of the pin assignments in the code.
    It is probably not the component or the Prop. It's probably not the object.

to protect the prop pin you need about 560 Ohms... it isn't likely you have damaged anything.

As a last option, turn everything off for a while... then try it again.
  • SolderHeadSolderHead Posts: 7
    edited 2008-08-26 19:54
    Ok I have the accelerometer on a 20cm lead, so i'm going to put it on a header rather, maybe there is capacitance on the line too much ... or something... not too sure...
    edited 2008-08-26 20:14
    Same for the Ping module...
  • SolderHeadSolderHead Posts: 7
    edited 2008-08-31 16:57
    NYAHAHAHA - its working good stuff thanks for the advise...·

·