Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Really Old Display — Parallax Forums

Really Old Display

JerryNJerryN Posts: 32
edited 2008-08-26 20:12 in Propeller 1
Has anyone here been around long enough to have a spec sheet for a Litronix DL1416A quad 16 segment LED display? I have had a box of these sitting around for 30+ years but I can no longer find my spec sheet. I used them in a military flight simulator design but that was a looooooooong time ago.

Jerry

Comments

• JerryNJerryN Posts: 32
    edited 2008-08-25 19:11
    Absolutely fantastic!!! I googled in about 97 different directions and didn't find this one! And I thought I was a pretty good "googler". Makes me feel kind of dumb - but I guess I was smart enough to ask in the right place. That site might be one that I searched but headed off in the wrong direction and gave up in frustration.

I will try one of these units on my Propeller board and then maybe try using an SX28 to run a string of them as a serial device, kind of like a Parallax LCD serial display.

Many Many Thanks!!!

Jerry
  • AleAle Posts: 2,363
    edited 2008-08-26 05:21
    Those are 5V parts, but maybe they light with 3V at the control pins., and 5V as VCC.
  • JerryNJerryN Posts: 32
    edited 2008-08-26 20:12
    The specs indicate a minimum of 2 volts for a high input (no maximum shown) and a maximum of .8 volts for a low. The driving device must sink 90 microamps maximum at 25 deg C. I haven't hooked it up yet but the propeller should drive it OK. Supply current is 125 ma maximum at 25 deg C with 10 segments in each of the 4 digits lit.

Jerry