Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wanted: Manual download for the HYDRA SD MAX CARD? — Parallax Forums

Wanted: Manual download for the HYDRA SD MAX CARD?

ElectricAyeElectricAye Posts: 4,561
edited 2008-08-25 15:42 in Propeller 1
Hi All,
I'm trying to learn about the use of SD cards and thanks goes to Mike Green for pointing me toward the documentation of the HYDRA SD MAX CARD. Problem is, the download link for the manual that goes to the HYDRA SD MAX CARD only provides a sample of the manual and not the full documentation. I found this a little odd since Parallax is usually quite generous when it comes to tutorials and downloads and such. Is there another source for downloading this manual? Or is there some reason why Parallax would want to make me buy the entire Hydra system just so I can learn how to use SD cards?

thanks,
Mark

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
It might be the Information Age but the Eon of Ignorance has yet to end.

Comments

• Spork FrogSpork Frog Posts: 212
    edited 2008-08-25 14:25
    The SD MAX manual is not only just a manual but is a complete description and tutorial about interfacing to SD cards, everything from SPI serial down to the FAT filesystem, with a plethora of examples interlaced as well. One could easily from that manual create their own SD interface even without the code examples provided. Basically, if they made the manual available, they would have no reason to sell the kit.

You don't need a Hydra to use it, though; one could argue that the price could be worth the SD card, manual, and driver CD's by themselves, and you could still use the adaptor in other setups either by buying a card-edge slot or by soldering wires directly onto it and running them for example into the open I/O pins on the Demoboard.
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-08-25 14:29
    Also note that Andre LaMothe is the creator of the Hydra and the many accesory cards like the SD Card. Andre puts a lot of work and documentation into the manual that makes it part of hte product. It is Andre that decides to release a sample of the manual and not the full manual. Just a different technique. I have the SD Max card and the manual is worth it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.

www.brilldea.com·- Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, uOLED-IOC, eProto fo SunSPOT, BitScope
    www.sxmicro.com - a blog·exploring the SX micro
    www.tdswieter.com
  • ElectricAyeElectricAye Posts: 4,561
    edited 2008-08-25 15:42
    Thanks Frog. You, too, Timothy. I know what to buy now if I get desperate for information on SD cards.

Mark

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    It might be the Information Age but the Eon of Ignorance has yet to end.